my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metal Church fans (news)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metal Church fans (news)
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 15, 2004 14:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
METAL CHURCH will be touring this year, beginning in late spring or early summer, in support of their forthcoming album, tentatively titled Weight Of The World.

The album is currently in the mastering phase and is expected to be released in early summer. The album tracklisting, and cover art are currently being finalized and should be announced within a week or so, as well as the group’s new official lineup.

In related news, Metal Church will be the topic of an upcoming episode of Everybody Love Raymond. The episode will be airing the week of May 17th. Metal Church were contacted and gave their permission for the band name and logo to appear on the episode.

(source: bravewords.com)

IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 15, 2004 16:18     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news!

I've always had a thing for Metal Church. I can't exactly point out the reasons why I like them so much, but hearing songs like "Fake Healer" or "Ton of Bricks" always makes me feel happy. Who is going to sing on the new record, BTW?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 15, 2004 21:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEA!!!!

Always loved Metal Church ans have never been dissapointed. I'll take either Wayne of Howe on vocals, but I'm guessing it'll be Wayne.

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 15, 2004 21:59       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not Howe or Wayne.It's some new guy who is suppose to sound like Montrose(according to the band).
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 15, 2004 23:09     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
It's not Howe or Wayne.It's some new guy who is suppose to sound like Montrose(according to the band).

Since Montrose is a guitarist, I guess what you're saying is that he sounds like Sammy Hagar? I dunno, I haven't much liked what these guys have done since 'The Dark'. (but then again - I haven't heard all of it either)

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 16, 2004 09:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the first with Mike Howe (Blessing In Disguise) is a top notch album, totally worth checking out. Others are good, not as great, though.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 16, 2004 20:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought Blessing... wasn't as good as The Human Factor & Hanging In The Balance, the other 2 with Howe, but that's just my opinion, and I think I'll listen to Blessing... tomorrow to see if I'm wrong!!!

It's happened before

I'm shocked that David Wayne isn't back. He seems to come and go with Metal Church like the tide!!!

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 16, 2004 23:57       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wayne won't be back with Metal Church.He named his side bands'(Reverend)album Metal Church and used the Metal Church logo without the concent of the rest of the band and it really pissed of Vanderhoof and the rest of the band.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 18, 2004 16:35     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I thought Blessing... wasn't as good as The Human Factor & Hanging In The Balance, the other 2 with Howe, but that's just my opinion, and I think I'll listen to Blessing... tomorrow to see if I'm wrong!!!

Well, all I can say is, were the whole of teh album pure crap, Anthem To The Estranged alone would be worth the album (not to say all the discography with Mike Howe). A true masterpiece.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 23, 2004 09:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check these news out, from RockBrigade web site (in portuguese):

quote:
Metal Church announces new line-up, records new album
Veteran band Metal Church officially announced their new line-up: headmaster Kurdt Vanderhoof (guitarrist) confirmed the return of drummer Kirk Arrington, along with new members Ronny Munroe (vocals, ex-Rottweiller), Jay Reynolds (guitar, ex-Malice) and Steve Unger (bass). The new album will probably be called "Weight Of The World" and will be out by July/August.

Great, I always loved Kirk Arrington's style. Hope this new album rocks!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 23, 2004 11:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2/5th of Metal Church!!!???!!!

Where's John Marshall and the Duke?
Seems like anyone who sang in a band called Rottweiller will probably sound like David Wayne.

I guess Vandehoof knows he can make more $$$ with the METAL CHURCH name than his VANDERHOOF project. Of course I'll buy it, but it seems he's just banking on the name since so many core members are gone... who does he think he is, Tony Iommi?

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan