my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » TARRAT Clip Posted Online!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TARRAT Clip Posted Online!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 13, 2004 20:15     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:

Years before officially joining VOIVOD, former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted (a.k.a. Jasonic) jammed with Away (drums) and Piggy (guitar) at Jason's The Chophouse studio under the project name TARRAT. In 1998, the three VOIVOD instrumentalists regrouped at The Chophouse for five days of improvisational metal. These sessions produced tons of great sounds, including the initial structure of the song "M-Body" (which can be found on the VOIVOD LP "Phobos") as well as this recording entitled "One Reason", featuring the vocal stylings of Sophia Ramos. Taped a few months after TARRAT had laid down their music tracks, her vocals added a distinctive and unexpected touch of class to the original composition. Check out a two-minute clip in Real Audio format at http://www.chophouserecords.com/php/dlt.php?file=../chrmedia/audio/chr/tarrat_onereason_clip.ram

Not too bad. If this had gone beyond the "demo" stage (sound production wise anyways) this could have been huge. Pretty mainstream sounding, but still not too bad. Those fuckwits that post over at Blabbermouth don't know shit about music though.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 13, 2004 20:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!!
That's pretty cool stuff!!!

--------------------

yawn

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted March 13, 2004 21:10     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why don't you sign up for the Chophouse mailinglist, you would get news like this before that Blabbersh*t.

This Sophia Ramos have a mighty powerful voice. She's got a homepage and there you can hear more of her.

Cheeeeers!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 13, 2004 22:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I already am on the mailing list. I just hardly check that email acount.

I hope the whole song (or better yet all the songs) are made available soon. I'm curious to hear the rest.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan