my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tangento PMS Compilation Address Verification Thread (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Tangento PMS Compilation Address Verification Thread
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 26, 2004 11:31     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to agree w/ Mez, cd 4 RULES! Actually one of my favorite parts is that Dom Irrera clip. Has me laughing out loud every single time it plays. The Napalm Death track is great, although I prefer the Thorns track right before it, hehe. And I STILL can't get "Lilly White's Party" out of my head...

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2004 13:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tangento!!
I don't have to end my threads with the War Albuquerque Tour Stop anymore. Why, you ask? Albuquerque will get its first Rome Tour Stop, read it:
MAY 15
JOURNAL PAVILLION
WOO HOO!!!
Time to geek out....

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 26, 2004 13:40     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I just finished CD 3 and it's AWESOME! It flows like a soundtrack, and as whole, is really well conceived. Great choice of tracks, too. Now I'll have to listen to it again, knowing who the artists are (listening without knowing is a lot of fun!)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 27, 2004 02:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Well I just finished CD 3 and it's AWESOME! It flows like a soundtrack, and as whole, is really well conceived. Great choice of tracks, too.

Thanks! Glad you liked it dude.

quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
I have to agree w/ Mez, cd 4 RULES! Actually one of my favorite parts is that Dom Irrera clip. Has me laughing out loud every single time it plays.

I have been listening to that guy and basically those same jokes for like 15 YEARS now, and I STILL laugh hard at them. Irerra is 'da MAN', no question.

quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
I STILL can't get "Lilly White's Party" out of my head...

Fuck, I hear ya. That is just one of those songs. It has all those weird-ass melodies, and they tend to haunt you long after the song ends. The Sea Nymphs are members of Cardiacs, as are Spratley's Japs. (another really fucking weird song on disc 4) Cardiacs and all of their 'offspring' are the coolest thing since iced tea, man. Too bad it took me 20 years to find them.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 27, 2004 02:11     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Hey Tangento!!
I don't have to end my threads with the War Albuquerque Tour Stop anymore. Why, you ask? Albuquerque will get its first Rome Tour Stop, read it:
MAY 15
JOURNAL PAVILLION
WOO HOO!!!
Time to geek out....

Hey! Take some pics when you go. I always wanted to see what a 'Tour Stop' looked like, with all those fucking clones & smack-talking smartasses running around.

--------------------

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted March 27, 2004 17:21     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A link to Tangento:
http://nunomro.planetaclix.pt/index_nunomros_homepage.html

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 23, 2007 23:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow... almost three fooking years.

Just as the lying nimrod addresses our House, Senate and disgruntled Nation, I too have an address

-- a 'State of the Compilation Address' --

to unveil here tonight.

PMS 7 - Parts A & B: This has been, without question, the most complex, time-consuming, difficult, mishap-plagued project I've ever attempted. For months at a time, this thing has dominated my every spare moment. I have been through 2 cars and 2 computers trying to get it right.

One PC crashed just as the thing was almost done, and crucial finished edits & Nero tracklistings were lost forever. My car (which is the ONLY place I can properly focus & crank this music loud enough to make proper adjustments) broke down -- leaving me without a means to listen OR earn a living for nearly 2 full weeks.

I finally scraped everything I had together for a newer car, and was forced to wait 3 weeks to get the additional money together to swap the damn stereos. After about 6 weeks 'back on track', THAT car blew a head gasket and I was back to square none.

Meanwhile, the computer that was given to me by my ex-wife (the one I actually bought for her 3 years ago ) to replace the fried '98 model suddenly decided that there was to be NO SOUND when it arrived at my apartment. (BTW any techies who can assist in an eMachines Win XP circa 2003 video card/ audio card Frankenstinian swap would be prasied mightily)

So, here I am... the thing is literally just a few hours away from completion, but I just can't quite get there.

I will tell you that it is WAY worth the wait, and that it far surpasses the first 4 discs in sheer power, variety, and technical adeptness -- and is a MUCH higher concept-oriented, cohesive 'work of art'. (I'm not trying to be pompous ar anything, this really IS an art form. Whether it's good art or bad art is entirely up to the listener)

So there. Any PMSers who are still with me on this thing are in for a treat, I think. (and fear not! Discs 5 & 6 will be much easier to complete, unless a tornado takes out the entire apartment complex)

So let's have a show of hands here, and a show of mailing addresses to:
tangento AT gmail.com

Thanks for listening, you can impeach me anytime now.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan