my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tangento PMS Compilation Address Verification Thread (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Tangento PMS Compilation Address Verification Thread
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 12, 2004 16:36     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, Seb and Greg: (is that everyone at VVF?)

The journey is finally over. PMS 3 & 4 are sitting here in front of me, fully complete and this time WITH full Jewel Case artwork. ($evere deficit issue$ prevented the use of fancy-Dan disc stickers) So, if your addresses are the same as they were for the first two, then do nothing. If your address has changed, please email me with the new one. (and soon, please)

Thanks

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 12, 2004 16:40     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah - Mez, I have an address for you that starts out: "MezcoHomoWacko", and lands somewhere in "JOJA". This sound about right?

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 13, 2004 06:04     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where the hell are you guys when I need you! Seb, I have two different addresses for you, and one looks like your work address. Which do I mail to?

::taps fingers impatiently::

--------------------

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted March 13, 2004 07:15     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The one you have for me is correct.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted March 13, 2004 13:51     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's your compilation of weirdness, right? you bet I'm interested!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 15, 2004 01:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry sir. Yes, please send to MezcohomoWacko in Georgia immediately. And mega-thanks!!!!! I got a Zappa cdr for you I think you would love.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 15, 2004 02:59     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. If I can just get Seb in here now...

And to Neutrino: I have everything ready to mail, and it will take me a bit of time to run off another pair of copies. In other words, yours will go out in the next batch - but you WILL get it.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 15, 2004 07:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Where the hell are you guys when I need you! Seb, I have two different addresses for you, and one looks like your work address. Which do I mail to?

::taps fingers impatiently::

OK OK, there, calm down, will you? I'll send ya an email for the correct adress. And then:
SEND THE BABIES!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 15, 2004 20:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Seb. Now here's a little visual peek at the madness to come:

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 19, 2004 15:38     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got it today, Tangento! Fantastic stuff, and I'm happy to say I only recognized 3 tracks total.

Thanks again.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 19, 2004 18:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Got it today, Tangento! Fantastic stuff, and I'm happy to say I only recognized 3 tracks total.

Thanks again.

Cool. I guess you are the first. After you have heard it a few times,
please let me know what you like the most. (and the least)

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 21, 2004 02:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, you are the man!!! This comp is fantastic. Man, you made my day! That is some truly insane stuff you sent. And then you tease me by not including the track listing.

Mega Thanks DUDE!!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 21, 2004 22:45     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez, the tracks are there, just take that paper out. Glad you liked it man. Let me know which stuff you like the most.

And hey Meg: THANKS, from the bottom of my heart. You have an email and Discs 1 & 2 on the way.

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 22, 2004 19:40     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, cool. Not necessary but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth so send 'em my way!

BTW so far no tracks that I dislike after about 3 listens. And I about turned cartwheels when I heard "Wave of Mutilation" (a song I LOVE and haven't heard in eons)...and I can't get the chorus to "Lilly White's Party" out of my head. Great stuff!

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 23, 2004 08:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, Wave of Mutilation, that Pixies song was on the Pump Up the Volume soundtrack... on which Voivod was supposed to be... Too bad.

Still waiting for my CDs to arrive...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 23, 2004 17:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tango, keep your eye on your mailbox. I'm finally sending you those nude pics of my billy goat you requested six months ago.
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 23, 2004 17:58     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Hehe, Wave of Mutilation, that Pixies song was on the Pump Up the Volume soundtrack... on which Voivod was supposed to be... Too bad.

Still waiting for my CDs to arrive...

D'oh! Sorry for the spoiler there. I promise not to reveal any other tracks.

And btw, Tangento, did you say something about an email? If you sent one, I did not receive it.

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 23, 2004 18:53     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, I'll resend it, Meg. My email is shite.

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 23, 2004 18:58     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Tango, keep your eye on your mailbox. I'm finally sending you those nude pics of my billy goat you requested six months ago.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 25, 2004 09:51     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, well, what do we have this morning? A few e-mails, some appointments, and, oh, what's this? A yellow package? Hm, let's open it... Two CDs? Ah, nice covers! Hey that's Tangento's PMS!!! Whoohoo!

Gonna listen to it at lunch time! Oh the goodies! Thank you Uncle Tangento!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 25, 2004 10:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What are the rest of us? Chopped liver? How do I get freebies, Tangento?
Ooh, here's a question since I know you're a Rome fan...are there any compilations of his shows anywhere? Other than paying for his streaming live radio takes. Some nerd-ass out there HAS to have recorded his stuff and put it out there for a nerd-ass like myself.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 25, 2004 19:46     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
What are the rest of us? Chopped liver? How do I get freebies, Tangento?
Ooh, here's a question since I know you're a Rome fan...are there any compilations of his shows anywhere? Other than paying for his streaming live radio takes. Some nerd-ass out there HAS to have recorded his stuff and put it out there for a nerd-ass like myself.

You know, if I had my way I would send every single volume of this PMS compilation series out to every single website visitor and message board buddy I've ever had. That is the ultimate goal of my website: to spread the word about this wealth of under-appreciated music. Unfortunately, these things are just too damn expensive to produce, and it's illegal for me to actually 'charge' people for them. (not that I would want to anyway)

If I was working full-time, I would gladly absorb the cost and send it to more people, but I have been laid off for many months at a time (on several occasions) over the last 2 years. So as you can see, I'm kinda stuck here. The bright side of all this is that there are people like Meg and Seb who can afford to help out with a donation, and - because they are the ones who really make this happen - they are just as deserving of thanks as I am, if not moreso.

I have another 'production run' about to begin, so Luna - if you want to be a part of all this madness, just email me at Ampcore@myway.com

About the Jim Rome thing: I have always wanted to own a sort of 'Jim Rome Best Of' myself. I will have to look into this.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 26, 2004 01:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CD FOUR is AWESOME! No, and I'm really not just saying that to be nice. The Napalm Death track on there is incredibly heavy. What album is that off of T? I also love the Minutemen track. Those were the standout tracks for me. Everything was at the Greatness level.....

And Tang, you'll be receiving my little donation in the mail next week. Billy said he'll pose for you anytime.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2004 10:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I see...I send you nude photos of myself (or my dirty neighbors). Is that the sort of "payment" you refer to here? I'm not on any strong need basis, but thanks for the offer Tangento. I just felt left out...sniff.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 26, 2004 10:38     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
CD FOUR is AWESOME! No, and I'm really not just saying that to be nice. The Napalm Death track on there is incredibly heavy. What album is that off of T? I also love the Minutemen track.

The song is from 'Enemy of the Music Business' (2001) which is an absolutely CRUSHING experience, from start to finish. And yeah, I dig that Minutemen tune alot. Although I hadn't heard it in quite a few years, it just suddenly popped into my head and seemed to fit, so I threw it in on a whim. Mez? Where'd ya g... HEY!! Get the hell away from that GOAT man! You're gonna get ARRESTED ya crazy fuck!

Luna. Just send me a damn EMAIL. If you are into Patton, FF AND Voivod, you need to get in on some of this action. BTW, folks, number 5 is already shaping up into what is going to be a TOTALLY BRUTAL thrash/ grind/ slam/ hardcore phenom. I'm really excited about this one. It might even be a double/ double this time. (two 5s and two 6s)

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan