my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Confessor Lives!!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Confessor Lives!!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 01, 2004 11:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New site and info: http://www.confessorband.com

This is gonna be fucked up.

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 01, 2004 11:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah! Looking forward to this very much, ever since Vroom rammed Confessor down my ears the first time.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 01, 2004 11:30     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just spoted this pic in amongst thier 'official' photos:

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted March 01, 2004 14:59     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bunch of sell-outs...
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 03, 2004 03:57     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is :

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 10, 2004 10:38     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a new track up on the confessor website now. Gotta say at first listen I'm a little dissapointed. Not fucked up enough. Loincloth blows it away...
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 10, 2004 15:07     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shelton sounded like a "normal" drummer i think, and that ain't good
A bit like Crowbar in places.

I hope the rest of the songs are more confusing

By the way, Congratulations to the Hidden Hand gig

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 11, 2004 08:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers vroom. We're doing the whole UK stint now. Should be a laff. Also mixing a new eolb recording in the next few days. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anyway, the main reason for this post - there's another confessor song up. On first listen it's better than the last one:
http://www.confessorband.com/

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 11, 2004 13:03     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
um... This can't be Confessor, it sounds so normal

We have to discuss this over a pint or 14 h

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 19, 2004 23:45     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Attention Confessor Fans! (all 3 of you)

There's a new track up on their site, called "Hibernation"....it sounds promising.

It's taken several minutes for my heartbeat to return to its normal rhythm (damn drummer ).

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 20, 2004 00:57     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a hurry. Time for a short listen. dumdidum---doom-dumdidomdamdadaddom... wow
Verdict:

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 20, 2004 05:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who what where when?!!! I can't find this damn track. All I get is the old fella and the news page telling me to check back soon for hibernation. Bastards! It's my birthday and I wanna listen to Confessor!!!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 20, 2004 06:48     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a link on the first page h
happy beerthday by the way

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 20, 2004 07:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Odd... it still has the 'Blueprint Soul' title when I log on, but it's the new track alright. And so far it sounds much more like the Confessor of old! Chuffed!
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 20, 2004 10:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very odd, h...it shows "updated - July 19th" on the news page, with a note about the new song, and "Hibernation" on the music page when I log on. Are you using a bookmark? Maybe it's somehow linked to an old version of the page or something.

Oh well...at least you can HEAR the new song, eh?

so....Happy birthday!

new link (should go to the updated page)

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 20, 2004 10:26     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's kinda odd... still shows up as updated June 10th here... and I'm well versed in the art of refreshing thank you! I find Guinness usually works best!!! Anyway, I got to listen to it so I'm a happy old bastard now! Cheers!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 21, 2004 08:31     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All good -today it shows the July update! And it looks like someone beat me to the confessor fan site:
http://www.confessor.frac.dk/

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 21, 2004 09:07     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, i visited that site too. A bit empty so far but good idea.

You have heard their old cover of Sabbaths Hole in the sky right? great song

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 21, 2004 11:43     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that Hole in the Sky cover is great. How about the trouble covers? Have you heard them? Endtyme and Last Judgement. Fucking fantastic!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 21, 2004 12:50     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have them here.
Especially Endtime is super, the part 2.50 in, oh lala
Just that i didn't know they were Trouble covers. Think i better start listen to the Troubleboys a bit more.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 21, 2004 14:33     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck me, "Hibernation" is a great track. I like his vocals a lot more on the new stuff - although they were good before, the slight lowering of his register helps things a lot, I think. Sounds less strained and more fluid.

The music's fooking cool, though. Get these guys a contract indeed. Hell, get Earache to get them back on their books, Confessor are about 50 times better than a lot of the shit 'ache sign these days. Mortiis? Gimme a fucking break.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 21, 2004 16:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahem - one break coming your way, Lyc. (just got back from the post office )

Any chance I could hear these covers? Anybody?

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 21, 2004 16:57     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
just got back from the post office

Wow, that's just made a good day great. Muchos gracias!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 24, 2004 10:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Confessor have announced a live DVD coming soon! That's gonna rule!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 24, 2004 10:13     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan