my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » War n' Pain reissue (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: War n' Pain reissue
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 24, 2004 11:18     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD's Classic 'War And Pain' CD To Be Reissued - Feb. 24, 2004

VOIVOD's classic debut album, "War and Pain", will be re-released in the official 20th Anniversary "ultimate deluxe" edition on April 5 through Metal Blade Records.
Originally released in 1984, the album will be reissued in a three-CD-release in a stunning package with "shitloads of bonus stuff, all lyrics and lots of cool photos included as well!" according to a press release

"War and Pain" Ultimate Deluxe Edition track listing:

Disc One:

"War and Pain" (remastered):

01. VoiVod
02. Warriors Of Ice
03. Suck Your Bone
04. Iron Gang
05. War and Pain
06. Blower
07. Live For Violence
08. Black City
09. Nuclear War

"Anachronism" - 1st show June 1983:

10. Condemned To The Gallows
11. Blower
12. VoiVod

"To The Death" – "Metal Massacre 5" Sessions:
13. Condemned To The Gallows
14. VoiVod
15. Iron Gang
Disc Two:

"Morgoth Invasion" - Live Demo December 1984:

01. Build Your Weapons
02. War And Pain
03. Condemned To The Gallows
04. Warriors Of Ice
05. Helldriver
06. Horror
07. Black City
08. Nuclear War
09. Blower
10. Live For Violence
11. Ripping Headaches
12. Iron Gang
13. Korgull The Exterminator
14. Suck Your Bone
15. Witching Hour (VENOM)
16. Chemical Warfare (SLAYER)

Disc Three - CD-ROM:
Enhanced Part

- Biography 1985
- Comments 2003
- Lyrics
- sounds
- Videoclip
- Pics
- Art
- Wallpapers
- Screensavers

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 24, 2004 11:20     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin' A.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 24, 2004 11:30     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin AA!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 24, 2004 11:32     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally! Any hope for a similar "....rrrrRRRRÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRrrrr..." package? Maybe in 2014?

2004 is getting better by the day!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 24, 2004 11:32     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOLY SHIT!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 24, 2004 11:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 24, 2004 11:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEAH! Will buy on day of release!

Cheers to our very own Helldriver for being a part of the multimedia portion of this release. Further confirmation that it will be of a higher quality!
http://digilander.libero.it/helldriver/

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 24, 2004 12:43     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ho fuck YEAH !!!!!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 24, 2004 12:50     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOOHOO! YO JOE!

You know what? I don't even own War & Pain. NOW is the time!

Oh, and I believe that 2004 WILL be Voivod's year... not 2003!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 24, 2004 13:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news indeed!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 24, 2004 13:04     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
finally! I hope Rrrooääärrr will follow!
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted February 24, 2004 13:05     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEAH... It will be expensive as shit, but what the fuck... it's VOIVOD!!!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 24, 2004 13:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BIG DEAL, WHO CARES?
.Just joking, I'm actually hoping they do this for the entire catalog up to The Outer Limits.

--------------------

yawn

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted February 24, 2004 15:16     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spot on!!!

And though I own this on the hallowed black stuff I will definitely get it for the tons of bonus goodies. What a package!

To the person who said 2004 is getting better by the day...AMEN TO THAT!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 24, 2004 15:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
finally! I hope Rrrooääärrr will follow!

Fat chance. Kudos for Metal Blade for doing this, but since Roooaarr and KT etc are owned by Noise, I dont think we'll see something like the W&P remaster any time soon. Unless the band approaches the label with the same sort of proposal that Celtic Frost did in 1999. The CF remasters were incredible.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 24, 2004 16:24     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it's really unfortunate that Noise is such a lame-ass label for re-issues. The only reason the CF ones happened at all is because of Tom G's persistance.

My Rrroooaaarrr cd sounds pretty decent actually, but man, Killing Technology needs a remaster/re-reissue in this fashion like I need air and water to live. I swear my cd, vinyl, and cassette copys of KT are all mastered differently... the cassette version has the most low-end and sounds ok, while the vinyl and especially cd copies sound really thin.

Schroeder's right, they should give the entire back-catalog this treatment up through TOL. I am very greatful for this one special edition release though.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 24, 2004 16:50       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As Mr.Burns would say "Exxccelleenntt"!

and happiness is....any weapon!

IP: Logged
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted February 24, 2004 17:52     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted February 24, 2004 23:23     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This will be about the 3rd time I will buy W&P, CD, Cassette, and now Boxset. Anyone know the price-range on this thing?

--------------------

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 25, 2004 03:43     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
unholy whore, that's some piece of news!!!
fuckin A!

PS.
Blacky you needn't re-master Morgöth Invasion anymore

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 25, 2004 03:49     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After owning already the vinyl, the cassette and the CD i'll have to buy this one offcourse. Pity there is no DVD involved....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 25, 2004 07:35     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I'm actually hoping they do this for the entire catalog up to The Outer Limits.

Me too, though it is going to take a lot of business wrangling to do that what with the different labels they were on. If those lables (Noise, MCA/Mechanic) were smart, they'd allow it and cash in. After all, it can't hurt them (financially).

Rrroooaaarrr remastered would kick fucking serious ass.

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted February 25, 2004 07:49     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic new!!!

I'm waiting for it since late autumn 2003 (they told me that was the release date) but some months for all this good stuff it's well worth the wait.

I hope that Roar and Killing will follow too...

Thanks X-D you are too kind!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted February 25, 2004 23:14     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted February 26, 2004 19:57     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Will this be available everywhere? Or will you need to know where to look?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan