my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anacrusis

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anacrusis
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 23, 2004 16:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to The Kerrang Direktory of Heavy Metal, Anacrusis are "Ultra Complex techno metalheads who make most VoiVod (sic) songs sound like Extreme acoustic ballads."

Is this fair comment? If so, any one care to recommend an album?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 23, 2004 16:23     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Emlyn,

Good band! As good as Voivod? Not for me, but I can recommend all their albums to you as they are all good to some extent.

http://www.whack.org/~ken/

I tend to like the later albums "Screams and Whispers" & "Manic Impressions" best. Others may disagree, but hey, they're all free so download away!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 23, 2004 16:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup. Tis all true (well, almost).
Recommended albums: Manic Impressions, Screams & Whispers (the last two).

Downloaded 'em here:
http://www.whack.org/~ken/

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 23, 2004 16:25     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jinx!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 23, 2004 16:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... jinx!

Anyway.. Anacrusis were (in my not so humble opinion) one of the very few bands - along with Voivod - that could do the prog-thrash thing well. No matter how complex the riffs could be, they'd never lose sight of the song behind it. And most importantly, their songs had a great flow to them, again much like Voivod.

Whatever, i loved 'em.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted February 23, 2004 17:47     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very strange band...I have the album reason and it is a very strange mix!

But yes, definitely an original sound. I'd say it was a bit like watchtower on speed!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 24, 2004 15:28     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Manic Impressions is their best IMO. 'Still Black' is one hell of song.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 24, 2004 22:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah but that singer.....I'd rather listen to the guy from Watchtower any day....
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted February 25, 2004 01:27     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anacrusis were one of those bands that I had heard of but had never actually heard. They have all(?)of their records available for free download so they're ok in my book. So far I like the music too.
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted February 26, 2004 20:07     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I never knew this was out there. I picked up Screams and Whispers many moons ago around the time it came out. Good stuff.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 27, 2004 05:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Heliplopter:
According to The Kerrang Direktory of Heavy Metal....

If it's from Kerrang it must be true!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan