my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » DEATH ANGEL

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DEATH ANGEL
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 18, 2004 22:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For those of you who don't know yet... This GREAT news from the DA official site posted by the guitar god "ROB":

February 11, 2004
Greetings boys and girls!

So here is the official word on the new Death Angel album. We are done recording and are now on to mixing.

"The Art of Dying" will hit the stores on April 27, 2004 (Europe, South America) and May 4, 2004 (United States, Australia), offering 11 songs for your listening pleasure. Here is the track listing:

Thrown To The Wolves
5 Steps Of Freedom
Thicker Than Blood
The Devil Incarnate
Famine
Spirit
No
Prophecy
Land Of Blood
Never Me
Word To The Wise
You have no idea how excited we are to get this music out into the world and play the songs live on tour this year! Check back for tour dates because we are booking shows as we speak and will post them here as soon as they are confirmed.
Ok peeps, I gotta try to get some sleep (yeah right) but I just had to let you know the details about our new disc. I'm freaking out because it's so sick it is gonna blow your mind…

Me gone!
-Rob

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 20, 2004 04:52     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Rob certainly knows how to advertise the new disc..."It's so sick it's gonna blow your mind!"

That said, I don't doubt him the least bit. 2004 is looking bright at the moment!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 20, 2004 16:34     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is one of the most anticipated releases for this year (for me anyways). It's great to see these guys are having so much fun doing it too, coz that's what it's all about.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted February 20, 2004 17:20     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm really looking forward to hearing this one.

Yep, 2004 is looking like it'll be a cracker

--------------------

Hail Santa...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 20, 2004 17:21     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
me too!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 20, 2004 19:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm so fukin' psyched to hear a new DA album, but it's not like the guys have been STAGNANT all these years... The Organization,and SWARM were both GOD LIKE to my ears and I listen to them as much as any DA cd, but just to have them back with the DEATH ANGEL name, makes this that much cooler.

I'd love to see a tour with Death Angel, Voivod, Testament, Exodus, & Mordred!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 22, 2004 20:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, great idea Schroed.....Testament would give me thirty minutes to get beer.

And Nia likes DA???? Must have been kidding!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 23, 2004 08:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOW CAN YOU 'DIS' TESTAMENT, Mez?

What don't you like about them?

--------------------

yawn

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted February 23, 2004 08:51     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
During their last show here in Italy they played "The devil incarnate"...
The song is great, not fast but full of tension and strenght. Hope the rest of the cd will be on the same level.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted February 23, 2004 17:49     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agree with that.

Some of the best ideas in metal came out during this era. And look at all the sub-genres it spawned. Don't think bands like Linkin Park will have anything like the legacy that thrash has.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 23, 2004 20:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

--------------------

yawn

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted February 23, 2004 22:12     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
It was a movement and a culture. Look at all the great bands it spawned or influenced.

Totally agree with it!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 06, 2004 19:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
HOW CAN YOU 'DIS' TESTAMENT, Mez?

What don't you like about them?

Nothing distinctive in the songwriting. Bland tunes to my ears. Singing blah...and everybody in black outfits all the time. What was up with that? Even black wrist bands?? Ok now just so I don't come off as a total ignoramus, what would you say is Testaments best album. I'll try to get that and give it a spin.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 06, 2004 20:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I had to pick one TESTAMENT cd that might make you change your mind it would probably be LOW or THE GATHERING (ok that's 2 so what).

Heavy as FUCK and brutal. Chuck Billy has the perfect blend of growling and singing on these releases and the band kills!!! Lombardo's on The Gathering and James Murphy is on LOW!!!

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 06, 2004 23:16     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like black outfits! Especially spandex. That is sooo METAL!! How about black parachute pants? Too wimpy? Honestly, all that Thrash form back in the day was starting to sound the same to me- "nothing distinctive in their songwriting", so many "bland tunes", and we all wore black! No black wristbands tho.
So I discovered Sonic Youth and Fishbone which led me into a new place of musical bliss. Now many moons later I'm back re-discovering Thrash and looking forward to hearing some new material from the genre's best. 40 yr. old thrashers is a hella better listen than these faux-grimacing, detuned, spoiled, trinket-thru-the-lip, my-daddy-bought-me-this-ESP-Boogie-setup, i'm-so-angry-because-the-suburbs-suck, nu-metal clones!

Whew! I feel much better. Now if y'all will excuse me, I feel like listening to my Deftones cd! \m/

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 07, 2004 06:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Testament did get a bit predictable after a while when Skolnick was still in the band, but once James Murphy joined, they had 'New Life'.

I also got into a lot of different styles after many thrash bands started sounding like clones of themselves and the new thrash acts were carbon copies of others.

Fishbone, 24-7 Spyz, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pearl Jam, Soundgardem and many others all opened my ears to new music. I was already a huge collector of the 70's hard rock and progressive band, so the 80's were a very good time for music for me. There was so much variety and that's why I am so open minded with rock music. There so many other great styles of music to limit yourself to just listening to thrash.

--------------------

yawn

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted March 09, 2004 16:45     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw DA on their reunion swing through the states and they played 2 new ones at the show I attended. Not sure which two they were by looking at the tracklisting but both were damn good and as a long time fan I'm psyched to hear what they have cooked up for the new CD!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan