my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Does anyone have a "link" to the new Fear Factory disc? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Does anyone have a "link" to the new Fear Factory disc?
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 17, 2004 23:08     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First off, are there any FF fans aboard? If so, I was just on their site, and apparently the new album was "leaked" before their official April release. The reason why I'm posting this question here and not on the official site, is simply because I know I would receive "major" flack for it over there. I also know that some of you here may feel that it isn't "ethical" to download music either, but nevertheless, I feel intrigued to hear their new material. I'd be extremely grateful to anyone who could provide me link to actually hear it.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 18, 2004 03:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:
First off, are there any FF fans aboard? If so, I was just on their site, and apparently the new album was "leaked" before their official April release. The reason why I'm posting this question here and not on the official site, is simply because I know I would receive "major" flack for it over there. I also know that some of you here may feel that it isn't "ethical" to download music either, but nevertheless, I feel intrigued to hear their new material. I'd be extremely grateful to anyone who could provide me link to actually hear it.

In my opinion it is vvery ethical to hear an album before purchasing it. When you are a fan you would always buy the real album wouldn't you??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 18, 2004 10:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A new Fear Factory cd?!? Fuck YEAH!!!
I have heard nothing about a new cd, so I guess I can't help you out LEGION. Christ, I love Burton C. Bell...I love his singing and can't wait to hear this. Is the original guitar player out of the band? He's a huge part of their sound.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted February 18, 2004 11:12     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I just got it yesterday, and I only had time to listen tracks 1 to 3 and it seem to be real good! Burton' singing seem to be back on his roots.

Legion, if you really wanna hear it, here's a tip: IRC

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 18, 2004 12:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love Fear Factory, I've been following their carrer since SOANM, so I'm glad they will put out a good album (as it seems).

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 18, 2004 13:33     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
A new Fear Factory cd?!? Fuck YEAH!!!

You'll have it sooner than you think, hypersis...ummm, Tuesday when I see ya Can't say I'm a fan, but it sounded pretty good. It's called Archetype.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 18, 2004 15:07     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Legion, I'm sure you could find it on Soulseek.
http://www.slsknet.org/

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 18, 2004 16:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Is the original guitar player out of the band? He's a huge part of their sound.

Yep, that's the major reason why they're continuing on! I guess Dino was a "thorn" in the band's paw....err something like that anyway.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 19, 2004 17:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hypergrrrlrroooarraaarrroralrrl. I'll have it sooner than I think? Hooray! Is Burton's picture on it somewhere? Oh god, I love him.

--------------------

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted February 21, 2004 02:10     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Legion check this out
http://mp3spy.ru/en/album.html?a=A3yT7zy9A

duno if it is the new CD though.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 27, 2004 10:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Although Miss Hypergrrooaarrll burned the Archetype cd for me, I think I will go out and buy this thing anyway. It's good to hear Burton singing again.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 25, 2004 10:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo Legion, did you ever get yerself a copy of Archetype? It RULES!! And folks, they are touring. Check out fearfactory.com...very cool website with tour diary entries by bcb...yummy.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 25, 2004 21:01     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I did, and it fucking rules! Infact, I wasn't so sure the first couple 'o spins, but now it definitely has grown on me...so now I've been playing it practically nonstop! I've been into FF since the beginning, and SOANM has always been my favorite...I loved Burton's growls on that one, and I'm just more old-school I guess anyway, or probably just OLD! Anyway, I never really liked every single song on any given album, but I gotta say I really DO with this one!

It's a great fucking album!

Yeah, they'll be showing up here in Seattle pretty soon...too bad they're touring with Slipknot though.

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 25, 2004 23:44     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Although Miss Hypergrrooaarrll burned the Archetype cd for me, I think I will go out and buy this thing anyway. It's good to hear Burton singing again.

I did no such thing!!! Now get your ass up to Portland by May 19th so we can go see them again

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2004 10:15     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oops! Sorry H-Grrl. And LEGION, I had the same experience with this disc too. But on my drive to Austin last week I had this one cranked up really fucking loud, and Burton, man on man, I can go on and on. I cannot wait to see them again. When I last saw them in Portland, my gawd, that was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 27, 2004 03:16     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Burton C. Bell sure has the "singing" vox (with harmonies) "going strong in this one!"

Much like:

"The force is strong in this one." (quote from Darth Vader)

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 21, 2004 13:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been reading over at fearfactory.com that FF has a short set list and incredibly crappy sound. Has anyone here seen them on this tour yet? I was going to go see them in Portlandia, but if it's a short set with shitty sound...I don't think I'll bother.
BUT! Slipknot's sound is great...go figure.
Oh, and I went out and bought my copy of Archetype yesterday and the DVD is cool.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 21, 2004 22:35     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Luna, I "just" posted a topic over there, wondering if they were still doing the Jagermeister tour or not?

It seems that they'll be playing up here in Seattle on their own with a couple of opening bands that I never heard of.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 22, 2004 11:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hey Luna, I "just" posted a topic over there, wondering if they were still doing the Jagermeister tour or not?

It seems that they'll be playing up here in Seattle on their own with a couple of opening bands that I never heard of.

Really? When? Let me know so I can schedule a trip to Portland to visit HyperG and then get my ass to Seattle to see the greatness that is Fear Factory!! Oh, I hope it's not too soon...

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 22, 2004 11:17     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May 17th - according to Ticketmaster! A fucking Monday and Commission week at work....will not be able to go

Fear Factory Seattle

Thrasher Presents Website

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 22, 2004 19:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES! That's awesome and gives me some time to get the flight. Seriously, Hypergrrl, I want to go to that show. Maybe I can go for the weekend before the Monday...How long a drive is it to Seattle?
Anyone else, what's the Graceland like?
I'm so excited, I'm about to pee my pants!

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 22, 2004 19:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Graceland is a good venue, with the exception of the air quality inside. Sort of a Seattle landmark club... Sound quality is usually good.

I may have to make this show. Picked up the new FF last night, with bonus dvd and all, and I have to say I very much am diggin' it! Glad to see these guys overcome their problems and press forward with a stomping new record.

It would seem Roadrunner USA really dropped the ball by cutting these guys loose.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 22, 2004 20:28     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll second X-D there - Graceland is a good venue. Not very big, which is nice in my opinion...good sound, good sightlines. LOL "air quality" eh, X-D? I will admit, it usually takes about two weeks before my jacket stops reeking of cigarette smoke after a show there. (and I don't even smoke)

(btw - Morbid Angel w/ Suffocation and Satyricon, Apr. 29 - anybody? anybody?)

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 22, 2004 23:40     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
...How long a drive is it to Seattle?

Approximately 3 hours....did you get my message regarding Yo La Tengo?? They're here on the 26th of May!?! Tickets on sale this Saturday.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 23, 2004 10:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:

(btw - Morbid Angel w/ Suffocation and Satyricon, Apr. 29 - anybody? anybody?)

Yes! Yes! Yes! Well, I'll be seeing that same show here on May 4th or 5th! And thanks the Graceland sounds good enough and if FF is headlining, that's even better.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan