my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "Away"-type font for pc/mac available! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: "Away"-type font for pc/mac available!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 08, 2004 09:07     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hell yah!
They call it the "Probot" font, but we know better, right? It's at http://www.probot-music.com

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 08, 2004 13:16     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally! Man, what a great side-effect of Away doing the artwork for Probot.

The merch section of the site has more cool stuff than I've seen in a while! This shirt will have to find it's way into my wardrobe!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 08, 2004 13:49     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, i'm fixing to get me one of these soon too.

How come VV's last batch of merch wasnt nearly as cool looking as this? It's mindboggling.

Dan-Hell
VoivodFan
Member # 333

posted February 08, 2004 14:45     Profile for Dan-Hell   Email Dan-Hell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ho yeah the Voivod font !!! I was waiting for this for years!!!!

Probot merch is cool and the album is great a good thing for metal in general.

Kill !

--------------------

dan-hell

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted February 08, 2004 18:39     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Probot site is pretty cool. In fact, anything about this project is top-notch. Unfortunately, the Away font is no longer available for download... Is there any other place where I could find the Mac version?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 08, 2004 20:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, you're right, they removed the font already (they call it the "Away font for Probot", now... not earlier it wasnt). I dunno why they did that. I'm glad i snatched it this morning (the PC version, though, so i cant help ya there).

I agree that the entire project is top-notch, including the website.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 09, 2004 00:21     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Skul,

Could you email me that font? Damn, I should have DL'd it right away... Thanks in advance!

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 09, 2004 05:17     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dammit! I need this!! Gutted....
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 09, 2004 05:40     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have only the PC version - if anybody wants it, just email me...
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted February 09, 2004 07:50     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
I have only the PC version - if anybody wants it, just email me...

helldriver@libero.it

I'm looking for this font since I had my first PC, I wonder why they removed it...

thanks in advance!

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted February 09, 2004 14:15     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul and Neutrino, thanks for offering the font. Don't think the PC version will work on Mac OS anyway...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 09, 2004 14:59     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mr. Eddy,

Try TT Converter 1.5, listed at the bottom of the page at the following link: http://www.pure-mac.com/font.html

I occasionally use this to convert those Windows-only fonts out there to work on my Mac. It may not work, but it's worth a try.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 09, 2004 17:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the font, neutrino!

Wow! That Probot site looks great! The little icons that link to the singetrs bios is very cool. The merch is awesome! I guess Grohl has the $$$ to invest in his projects, eh?

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted February 09, 2004 19:12     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip, X-D! Well, now I think I'll take the Away font... If any of you can send it, I'll be thankful!
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 09, 2004 21:37       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the font but do you have any idea how i install it to microsoft word,so i can use it?
IP: Logged
marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted February 10, 2004 05:33     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Neutrino,

could you please send me the pc font???

cursethegods@yahoo.it

Thanks a lot!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 10, 2004 14:17     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
Thanks for the font but do you have any idea how i install it to microsoft word,so i can use it?

Unzip the file, drag the contents into the FONTS folder located in the WINDOWS folder on your C drive. Restart your PC and there ya go.
This font looks awesome, but I kinda prefer the old one from the War And Pain up to Nothingface era.

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 30, 2004 05:34     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anyone is still readin' this thread, I'd love a copy of the Away font .. been hunting high and low for it!

My email is seeate@hotmail.com if anyone is able to send it to me.

cheers!

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted August 30, 2004 08:26     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I need it to !!!!!!
nothenam@nestcape.net

Thanks in advance !

--------------------

My sky is black today

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 30, 2004 08:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Font here
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 30, 2004 10:34     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT, THANK YOU!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 30, 2004 10:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh boy! How did I miss this thread? Thanks for the link. What about the black PROBOT thong? Or some of you guys might look good in the pink hot pants...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted August 30, 2004 10:49     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent !!!
Thanks mr Skullhed

--------------------

My sky is black today

gothmog665
VoivodFan
Member # 439

posted August 30, 2004 11:41     Profile for gothmog665   Email gothmog665     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent, but one little thing.. I can't find the Scandinavian letters Ö and Ä in the font. I mean, how I'm going to type "RRÖÖÖÖAAARRR" with it ?
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 30, 2004 18:06     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I cheated a bit with the 'umlaut' ... just used a couple of 'period' keys on the Os

Thanx for sharing the font with us Skulhed!!!!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan