my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "Kudos to MTV BedBangers Ball"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Kudos to MTV BedBangers Ball"
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted February 08, 2004 00:31     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
never thought I'd say it....but that Probot edition was pretty cool. I'm guessing the publicity would earn at least a hundred or so extra "old school"record sales at the hands of the teenage Korn-Biscuit population out there. Too bad Probot couldn't have performed 2 songs since Snake was there anyway (maybe they should have given him a tambourine) But I think every future episode should have a better mix of old and new + a live performance.....Geez, and what's up with that Lacuna Coil shit...it's like Celine Dion with power chords...Bleech!

(Ahh...so nice to have a computer to post on again...Cheers everybody!!!)

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted February 08, 2004 00:44     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I agree. Very good and possibly the best episode ever, besides the Hell On Wheels tour footage.

I'm watching VH1 Classic's Metal Mania right now and they are playing Fear No Evil by Grim Reaper.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 08, 2004 02:25     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definitly the best episode of that show I've seen yet! I caught vids from Trouble, Voivod, The Obsessed, the Probot/Lemmy vid... the live performance, and even a Mastodon vid for good measure... Not to mention SNAKE! Great episode. Recorded the 2nd half.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 08, 2004 03:47     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed it as usual, mtv is good with re-runs though.....wait a minute, re-runs are only good for programs like "the real world" etc.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 08, 2004 04:45     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, over here we only have that lame-ass show 'Superock'. MTV sucks.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 08, 2004 05:05     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed it too....but it mighta helped if I had MTV2, though.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 08, 2004 08:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone oughta tape the replay or something, and hook me up! I'd love to see that.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 08, 2004 13:21     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Someone oughta tape the replay or something, and hook me up! I'd love to see that.

Replay? Someone tell me when and I will! I managed to record the 2nd-half, from Astronomy Domine on... and got the Probot performance recorded with my recently aquired dvd-recorder. My problem is that I don't have a computer with a dvd-rom drive to rip and upload this with, otherwise I'd happily post this stuff.

If anybody knows if this episode is being rebroadcast today, let me know!

--------------------

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted February 08, 2004 13:28     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recorded it on VHS and Tivo. However, I 'm not tweeked enough to dig into my Tivo so I can upload to my pc... yet.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 08, 2004 13:52     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rebroadcast is usually on Friday night (or early Saturday morning, strictly speaking). According to mtv2.com, it's scheduled for 4a.m. Eastern.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 08, 2004 20:01     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
and what's up with that Lacuna Coil shit...it's like Celine Dion with power chords...Bleech!

i would have to agree, if the video shown was the one which least represents the band... its always that way, i dont watch t.v. but when i do i always wear my foil deflector beanie.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 10, 2004 06:44     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a mp3 of the live track is available for download:

http://www.southernlord.com/probot/live.html

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 10, 2004 08:01     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got a mpeg of the live song yesterday... that was pretty cool, i thought.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 10, 2004 12:57     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed the whole show, since I don't have cable and I didn't whatch TV anyway. If someone can post that, at least the Probot performance. Did Snake talked about Voivod or something ?

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 10, 2004 13:11     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At one point the idiot host (pardon me), asked Grohl who was the first person he contacted about the project, and he said it was Snake. So at that point Jamey Jasta asked Snake what his reaction had been to Grohl's call. I can't remember exactly what Snake said, but I gather he had been interested/excited by the project. Jasta asked him if the track had sounded like Voivod to him, and Snake said yeah, the whole album did...he'd thought it was a total ripoff actually (he was kidding). But he didn't say anything about what Voivod are up to now.

--------------------

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted February 11, 2004 01:14     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just found a link for a mpeg of the "My tortured soul" MTV Headbangers ball performance.

LINK

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 13, 2004 10:22     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
If anybody knows if this episode is being rebroadcast today, let me know!

From the Probot website:

HEADBANGERS BALL REPEAT!

The PROBOT Headbangers Ball episode repeats late nite Friday nite/Saturday morning at 4am EST on MTV2! If you missed the first showing, consider yourself lucky you got a second shot, because after that, we're coming to your house and your mom is going to be fucking pissed!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 13, 2004 10:31       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody gonna tape it for those of us who dont get MTV2222222222222222222222?????
IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 13, 2004 12:07     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got the VCR set...so even if I fall asleep it'll still get taped.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 13, 2004 14:24     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks H! Ok, I'm setting my dvd-recorder to nab this whole show!!!

Thanks Va¢ärmeS for that link man!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan