my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NOW THAT'S PUNK!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NOW THAT'S PUNK!!!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 22, 2004 16:26     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you all think.......

I'm John Lydon.....Put me on TV!!!

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 22, 2004 16:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i heard about this. who cares. i never liked the sex pistols or their music and anyone who ever thought they were punk is an idiot. in my *humble* opinion. haha! anyway, JORDAN is on the show. a real life blow up doll. that should make for good tv.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 22, 2004 16:38     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yuck, never liked 'em either. Just trying to get someone's knickers in a bunch
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 22, 2004 17:31     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he's favored to win too. They figure he'll be so irritating he'll drive off all the other "contestants"...I know he'd drive me out in a hurry.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 22, 2004 17:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my knickers are permanently knotted.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 22, 2004 17:44     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought Hank III was pretty punk at last nights show!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 22, 2004 18:06     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
I thought Hank III was pretty punk at last nights show!

Yes, hypersis is encouraging me to attend his show here next Wednesday - but that's a fucking weeknight!! I'll have to see if I can take the morning off. Sounds like fun

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 22, 2004 18:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, this thread is totally dominated by women. What happened to this site??? We went from 2 women to three........This is starting to get scary. I m just waiting for the "My favorite GRRL Band" topic to come up next.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 22, 2004 19:14     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Man, this thread is totally dominated by women. What happened to this site??? We went from 2 women to three........This is starting to get scary. I m just waiting for the "My favorite GRRL Band" topic to come up next.

Hey, there are 4 of us here now! As for favorite grrl bands.....ummm.....what are those?

Oh, there was this band in SF quite a few years ago called The Mudwimmin - they fucking rocked!!! All five of these bad ass grrls switched off and played all instruments. They weren't whiny "I hate boys" crappy "punk" like The Donna's or whatever it is about Sleater Kinney that everyone likes........yuck!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 22, 2004 19:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stupid girls.... HyPeRGRRRLLL, do go see Hank III. Check out the drummer for Assjack!! He had this, well, just go and see for yourself. Hank III, both sets of his, absolutely rocked! I love this guy. You will not be disappointed, and who cares if it's a school night. I managed to crawl out of bed and get to work on time.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 22, 2004 23:25     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes indeed go see Hank. Now I don't know about the drummer tho. He's not white and skinny like you prefer! But then neither is Mr. T and I recall you having a huge crush on him in the 80's!

My favorite grrrrrl band? Ghonerrea Milkshake!
Treadmill in drag!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 23, 2004 08:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
What do you all think.......

I think this kind of stuff makes me like the Ramones even more, if you know what I mean...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted January 23, 2004 09:08     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, okay.... Since no one stands up to defend Lydon or the Pistols, I'll be the one to embarrass myself: "Nevermind the Bollocks..." is a true rock'n'roll classic. Period.

I don't mind if those guys were mind-controlled by Malcolm McLaren or if they wouldn't be "punk enough" for today's standards. They did fuckin' rock!

p.s.: And IMHO, PIL have a couple of good records too...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 23, 2004 10:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always seen the Pistols myth as marketing. IMHO, their image and behaviour always preceeded their music, which, BTW, is good, but leaves me with that "somethink is lacking" kind of sensation...

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Eddy:
p.s.: And IMHO, PIL have a couple of good records too...

May the road rise with you...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted January 23, 2004 10:57     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How the hell did you guys hear of JORDAN?!?

I was hoping that when I eventually move back to Great White North I can leave all these British "celebrity" wannabes here along with Tara Palmer Thompkinson, Atomic Kitten, the Sugababes, Will Young, Gareth Gates etc etc etc.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! She can't take much more, capt'n!!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 23, 2004 11:35     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
But then neither is Mr. T and I recall you having a huge crush on him in the 80's!

That is a COMPLETE LIE!!!

quote:
My favorite grrrrrl band? Ghonerrea Milkshake! Treadmill in drag!

I just bought a G.M. record recently and speaking of Treadmill (never did see the drag show?!?), I never see Mr. Dean around anymore.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 23, 2004 11:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nell:
How the hell did you guys hear of JORDAN?!?

HEAT magazine. i love it, they rip celebs without mercy.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan