my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » St. Anger DVD

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: St. Anger DVD
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted January 15, 2004 15:39     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I just got the first DVD at my house, not having had one before.

All this time, I'd never seen the St. Anger
video.

What does everyone think of the video?

|  IP: Logged
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 15, 2004 18:12     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We did a thread on this a while back, most of us preferred the DVD to the LP because of its unproduced sound, as opposed to the quite horrid production of the studio version.

But then again most people on this forum hated the album for two main reasons:

1. It was Metallica.
2. They just hated the music.

Personally I quite like it. It's not a patch on anything from the Justice days or earlier, but it certainly beats all their studio albums since then. My criticisms are as they were when I first got it: most of the tracks are a bit too long, one or two are samey and monotonous and that drum sound is easily the worst I have ever encountered. Around ten thousand dollars of hardware and my baby nephew's toy drumkit sounds better! What was Lars thinking of?

--------------------

Hail Santa...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 15, 2004 19:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it but it doesn't take much to impress me... not being a musician or any thing... I thought the video inside the prison was cool and I hope Lars was passed around as a prison bitch

--------------------

yawn

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted January 15, 2004 20:53     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I first heard the single I almost threw up. My friend started listening to it and loved it, this is the same guy that loves AWK, Deftones, and Robocop 3 the movie.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 16, 2004 10:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The promo video for St. Anger is crap. About the St. Anger DVD, my opinion goes almost the same way as Knicker's, except for the fact that I actually like all the songs, no exception. But still, no rock'n'roll salvation, though.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted January 16, 2004 14:16     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't seen it. However, I did get the chance to borrow the re-released Live Shit Binge & Purge-boxset. Don't really care about the live-albums and the 1992 concert, but the 1989 concert of the 'Justice'-tour is great.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted January 16, 2004 14:45     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got the Liveshit boxset, Guidon you wanna buy it?

--------------------

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted January 16, 2004 15:28     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am referring to the DVD. Notice the title of the thread.

I don't know man. Its my first DVD and I think I just don't get it why everyone bagged
on them for that release.

I still like the album and the video it is a fresh ass-kicking breath of fresh air.

I mean, if you don't dig it, (I can't understand why) thats cool.

It just seems like a zillion dudez on the message boards were really going overboard, piling on about blah, blah, blah, they're finished, they suck-all this crap. Its pretty fuggin weak, in my estimation.

Lyrically, I think its brilliant, also.

Just as a concert video, I thinks its crushing!

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted January 16, 2004 16:28     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ne0rC:
I got the Liveshit boxset, Guidon you wanna buy it?

Nah, but thanx for the offer. Thinking about having the 89-gig copied (that's only one of the 5 discs). No need to have them all.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan