my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "I need a coffee, or maybe a BEER!!"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "I need a coffee, or maybe a BEER!!"
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 11, 2004 23:55     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While we're all counting the days 'til we hear more Voivod news, let's keep making lists. So far, there's been discussions about band names, what CD's you bought, coffee, etc. This one's about BEER!!

The rules are simple - just mention your favorite brew and a short explanation of why you like it. Try to think about beers you have tried that maybe other people haven't - everyone has tried Guinness, right? (My friend calls it "last request beer", because that's what you'd order if you were being executed the next day. I agree with him!) The trouble is, lots of people have had Guinness. I'd like to learn about more obscure brews, so next time I'm shopping in the beer store, I can pick up some that was recommended by VoivodFans, instead of staring at the wall o' beer wondering what to buy.

Also, don't be shy about mentioning more than one type of brew - the more the better.

For example: Dead Guy Ale, from the Rogue Brewery in Oregon. I like to drink this one in the fall, as it has a great, hop-y taste (and aftertaste). Rogue also makes a good Skull-Splitter ale, which works as advertised.

Also, I really like Old Speckled Hen, "A Fine Strong Ale (R)", which was until recently brewed in Oxfordshire, UK. Nice orangeish color, with a great all-around taste - not bitter, not sweet. And a bit higher alcohol content, always a plus. In my opinion, *the* perfect ale.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 12, 2004 00:01     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
do a search for beer here. i'm sure you will find a topic...or 20...
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 12, 2004 00:04     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If so, then please accept my apologies since I haven't been here that long. Off I go, then, to search the archives!!

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 13, 2004 06:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was in a Belgian bar in London on Friday night. I tried a bunch of new beers, all of them so good that I forgot thier names! Fine shit anyway. Otherwise it's Guinness or Newcastle Brown Ale for me. hic...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 13, 2004 09:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On the RARE occassion I drink a beer (did way too much when I was younger -now I sound like an old fart-)
I'll pick up a single of GROLSCH (that beer made by the monks in the cool bottle with the cap that you can seat back on)

Blue Hen (a Delaware beer, sooth, easy going down)

Seirra Nevada (yummy)

Peroni (Italian brew)

I don't enjoy those dark heavy brews like you Europeans & Canadians who know how to drink, they sit in my stomach for days...I'm a whimpy american drinker, but like good taste

--------------------

yawn

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted January 13, 2004 09:21     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Out of the "lighter" beers, I enjoy the famous Mexican ones (Corona, Sol) and Warsteiner from Germany.

If we're talking about dark and strong brew, I'd recommend Erdinger (also from Germany). Guinness needs no recommendation...

There are a few others that I like: Birra Morretti (Italy), Lion (South Africa), Desperado (Mexican beer w/ tequila scent!), Serra Malte and Caracu (Brazil).

Let's get drunk NOW!...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 13, 2004 09:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes please!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 13, 2004 10:48     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I use Grolsch bottles to store maple syrup! That seals the german/canadian friendship!

This weekend, I drank "The Santaclause beer" (the real name is actually in german), the strongest beer in the world (14% alcohol!). It was quite good, almost like drinking porto. You have to share a bottle with other people, tho, because I couldn't imagine drinking a whole bottle of that by myself.

My favorite beer: Belle Gueule, from Québec.

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted January 13, 2004 11:08     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im with Hex, Coffee for me.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 13, 2004 11:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CHOCOLATE MILK

mmmmm...chocolate

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 13, 2004 11:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Hey, I use Grolsch bottles to store maple syrup

I use the rubber rings attached to the caps as strap locks on my guitar. They're better than any purpose made ones, and they come with free beer! Bargain.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 13, 2004 12:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Hey, I use Grolsch bottles to store maple syrup!

why do i have this mental image of you now? hehe

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 13, 2004 13:35     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm, chocolate milk...

Yummmmm...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 13, 2004 13:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by XniaX:
why do i have this mental image of you now? hehe

You picture Maoaloadorangelrat as a horse?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 13, 2004 15:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no, as a guy with a beard out in the woods.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 14, 2004 10:13     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!

I don't have a beard nor a horse. But I still put maple syrup in Grolsch bottles. And I try very hard to play spoons while singing traditional Québec folklore, but my ceinture flechée gets in the way.

And h, the rubber ring of the Grolsch bottles make fancy cock rings. Try it.

And during the holidays, Grolsch bottles came with a beer bock. See? You buy a bock and cool bottles with rubber rings and they give you free beer!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 15, 2004 12:05     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lord of the Cock Rings...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 15, 2004 15:04     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For those who like to combine coffee and beer, Redhook Double Black Stout was great. It was basically an ale with Starbucks coffee added.

"Was"? They quit making it in 2002, but have saved the recipe and may introduce it again someday.

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 15, 2004 18:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
man i need to run to the bathroom just from reading this thread.

Wild Turkey and Starbucks, you should give that a try...
shit Turkey is good with everything

quote:
Ozzy!

-Wine is fine but Whiskeys Quicker

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 15, 2004 19:14     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatröss:
Turkey is good with everythingWine is fine but Whiskeys Quicker

.....mmmmm, stuffing

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 15, 2004 19:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's 5:20pm my time...time to head to the Walgreens for some very special Hamm's Special Light.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

VOIVODFAN
VoivodFan
Member # 404

posted January 21, 2004 11:08     Profile for VOIVODFAN   Email VOIVODFAN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tsing tao is really tasty
heineken is the classic brew for me [pretty common i know !]

there is a local brew [local to montreal, anyway]
called "fin du monde" which translates to
"the end of the world" good strong canadian independant brewery beer !! it's something like 7.5% so 4-5 and it's big pink elephant time !!

--------------------

DEATH TO ALL POSER, NU-METAL, McDONALD'S, AND SHITTY WEED !

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan