my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Validation for coffee drinkers (well, sort of) (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Validation for coffee drinkers (well, sort of)
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 06, 2004 23:34     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatröss:
haha Slug, 'true' its like the morning ritual for me...
i actually got to take home one of them chicks not too long ago too,
(well she invited herself over) LOL..

7-11 coffer USED to be tha bomb, who knows what happened there.

You're my hero!

I agree, 7-11 was the shit until S.B.came to town.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 06, 2004 23:37     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys are kidding right? I had 7-11 coffee once and my stomach lining has never been the same. Like drinking battery acid.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 06, 2004 23:46     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
7-Eleven coffee is best when you are half-asleep and on your way to do something fun. Up at 6am, pack the skis, swing by 7-11 at 6:30, and you're cruising down the slopes as soon as they open.

(7-11 coffee is also great in similar situations. Replace the following words as necessary:
Skis: fishing pole, golf clubs, guns...
Slopes: lake, course, shootin' range...)

Eons ago, I used to carpool with 3 other guys. Early shift. A 7-11 stop was mandatory at 6am. We used to call it "metal coffee", because we'd be back in the car banging our heads to Z-Rock on the radio (remember them, anyone?). It was also "metal coffee" because I usually got the last cup from the coffee tank, the sludge from the bottom - tasted like it was mixed with small metal particles.

If you've had "bock" beer, then this was "bock" coffee.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted January 06, 2004 23:50     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone of you Canucks out there ever tried Bino's coffee? I have yet to come across a coffee that has that very distinct taste! Just one smell or taste and you know that it was from Bino's! I used to work with this guy who worked part-time as a cook at a Bino's and he used to show up at this other job every day with a nice, warm thermos full of Bino's coffee! I usually drink between 2-5 cups of coffee a day. The first cup or two in the "morning" and the rest at work. Right now I'm on graveyard shifts and so morning for me is about 8:30 p.m. p.s.t.! How many people out there drink instant coffee? Due to my crazy shift schedule, quite often I just don't have the time to brew up a nice pot of perk coffee . I only like about three different brands of instant: Maxwell house; Tasters Choice; and Nescafe. All three are original roasts and for me blow away most other brands of instant coffee. I hate instant Columbian coffee - yuck!!!

--------------------

When the chime ends, pickup your gun. Try and shoot me Coronel... Just try...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 07, 2004 08:43     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grrreat topic!

If you ever come to Québec, NEVER - I said: NEVER - drink a coffee at a Mike's restaurant. It will make you die, rolling on the floor in atrocious pain.

Where I live, it is impossible to have good coffee at a restaurant (and when I say good coffee, I mean: espresso). I have to come to Jonquière, where there is this place called ICI that has the good stuff.

Otherwise, I'll use my espresso machine at home.

Yum.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 07, 2004 14:54     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice. I may be in Quebec in August, if tentative plans pan out. Note to self....avoid Mike's.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 07, 2004 19:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, Hypergrrrllll...brewed Folger's in a stainless steel percolator...nothing like good 'ol camping coffee, with the grinds mixed in. YUM!!! Brings back memories of Great Grandma in her folding lawn chair when we used to go to the Jemez Mts.
Funny how this started with a link to coffee and diabetes 2.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 08, 2004 08:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Folger's make me think about "The Big Lebowski", when they put the ashes of their dead friend in a Folger's can! And that says a lot on the quality of this coffee: it's probably really made out of human ashes.

Folgers is people! It's made out of people! Damn you! Damn you all to hell! (Woops, I got things mixed up, here!)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 08, 2004 08:23     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, you can't beat a nice cup of tea.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 08, 2004 09:05     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Ah, you can't beat a nice cup of tea.

What about a nice glass of scotch, huh? No ice? No ice?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 08, 2004 10:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MMM....my favorite tea right now is Twinings Irish Breakfast. This recently beat out Twinings Orange Pekoe, which I swore would be the only tea I had with breakfast for a long time. Yum, tea with half and half and brown sugar..mmmmmmmmmmm.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 08, 2004 10:59     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My fave: Lady Grey.

"Pourrais-je avoir un nuage de lait dans mon eau chaude?" - Astérix chez les Bretons

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 08, 2004 11:29     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Brings back memories of Great Grandma in her folding lawn chair when we used to go to the Jemez Mts.

Yes! Those were the days And a mighty fine perculator it is! Valued at $45 and I got it for $5 at Goodwill - brand new.......too bad I don't camp

quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Folgers is people! It's made out of people!

.....hack....hack.....(falling to my knees)......I think........I've got........MAD HUMAN DISEASE!!

quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
You're my hero!

.....oh brother, brother......

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 08, 2004 11:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has to be PG for me mate!

"It's the taste!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 08, 2004 12:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
re: Mr. Slugbutt and the "you're my hero"...What cute chick? Have I seen her, or is there more than one?
FOLGER'S IS PEOPLE!! I love it..ha ha ha

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 08, 2004 13:07     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anything I drink even more tea than coffee. I have one entire cupboard full of about 18 different kinds of tea (teabags and loose leaf), 3 different kinds of coffee, and some instant hot apple cider. Now that I think of it, about half my "pantry" is beverages, including the refrigerator....

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 08, 2004 14:39     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my favourite tea is a black ceylon tea called 'maple leaf' and it comes from a place in vancouver called T. i like the mapley infusion (note this is not like 'flavoured coffee' it's not a bastardized tea). i like it so much i mail order it now.

i don't think the corporatization of espresso is a bad thing either hex, i am thankfull that i can get espresso outside of big cities in north america, which was impossible in the 80s and a good part of the 90s.

and on the international front, i heard they're having a horrible cold snap in Turkey, poor people dying of exposure on the streets. what is up with this weather?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 08, 2004 20:05     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what ! what ? were out of soylent green !
i dont want the fucking red !

lets have a riot -Ozzy

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 08, 2004 23:58     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never drank tea until I lived in the UK for a year, and now I like tea (but not quite as much as coffee).

English Breakfast before noon, Earl Grey after noon.

I like sugar with tea, but not milk. My friends in the UK thought I was barbaric to have one but not the other. And you should seen their faces when I told them that I also liked (shudder) iced tea - it's like they thought I was some kind of barbarian, or something.

--------------------

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted January 09, 2004 05:09     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Circle K stores has new flavor of coffee-

"death by chocolate"

(simply maddening)

imagine a dark chocolate with coffee grounds flavoring, muddd mmmmm licious

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 09, 2004 05:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
It's a matter of ART to make coffee both SMELL and TASTE great. This art does NEVER involve FILTER-BREWING or BOILING.

Hey Hex, I remember when we had a similar thread about a year ago and I said my granny used to boil her coffee. You almost tore your shirt when you read that...Hahahaha!! You take coffee as seriously as it should be taken ! Anyway, I just realized I used the wrong word then, because in Finnish the same word means both boiling and brewing...so, let me rephrase my old comment:

My granny used to BREW her coffee from fresh beans, in an old, beautiful hand-made coffee pot!

There!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 14, 2004 14:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha! I got to try that some day! Hmmm, my little brother is in St. Petersburg right now, maybe I'll give him a call...thanks for the tip! \m/

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 15, 2004 23:26     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw, the hell with it. Let's skip the coffee and talk about alternate caffeine delivery mechanisms.

Water Joe "springs" to mind (pun intended). All the water, and infinitely more caffeine - any number divided by zero is infinity, ya know!)

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan