my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » go to plilly meet VV 84-come home get served divorce papers!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: go to plilly meet VV 84-come home get served divorce papers!!!!
Michelle Pons
VoivodFan
Member # 381

posted January 06, 2004 01:25     Profile for Michelle Pons   Email Michelle Pons     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well guys, life deals some hard blows! My friend kills himself right before Christmas....I go to Philly to see my family and when I come home, my husband serves me divorce papers

--------------------

The legalist

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 06, 2004 02:09     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My advice: much like "grabbing the bull by its balls", sometimes you just gotta "bite the head of the dick"...

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 06, 2004 02:24     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, that's a lot...sorry to hear that Michelle. Hang in there.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 06, 2004 09:47     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrible news indeed. Good part is, you'll get over that and grow an even better person.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 06, 2004 10:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about you friend that sucks.

As for the divorce... Take out the trash and put a clean bag in the can. Good Luck, Hang In There.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 06, 2004 10:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh?!?!? Sorry to hear so much bad news...I hope everything turns out better for you and everyone involved.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 06, 2004 10:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I've had my fair share of deaths in the last month, so i know. Lost my aunt on dec. 6th, my cousin's wife on the 7th (he had lost his mom the day before!) and my best friend's mother in law died on new years eve. My december felt like a bad Six Feet Under rerun. But i never came here to talk about it, why bother?

As for the divorce thing, good. Fire the old, make room for the new. Since youre into legal stuff, screw him up in the deal as much as you can.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted January 06, 2004 13:42     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Michelle may want to consider what my ex-boss's ex-wife did shortly after she divorced him - take up with the lawyer who handled the case for her. Serves him right for screwing around on her. Now the lawyer, who negotiated a very tough deal for my ex-boss which includes a very restrictive child custody arrangement, answers the door whenever he comes over to pickup the kids!

--------------------

When the chime ends, pickup your gun. Try and shoot me Coronel... Just try...

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted January 06, 2004 14:03     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
...screw him up in the deal as much as you can.

Never thought I'd hear a man say that, especially not Skully
But you're right, and as Ivana Trump said once, Don't get mad, get EVERYTHING!

--------------------

Oh my god, space aliens! Don't eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them!
-Homer Simpson

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 06, 2004 14:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actaully if you both can be civil and human to each other it's a lot better to if you can come to an agreement on who gets what, and how much. If you can work out all the details without a lawyer, you'll save yourself time, money, and headaches, and be able to get on with your life a lot sooner than battling it out.
Now, if he screwed around on ya than he'd be smart to give you what's fair.
I don't know the situations of why it's happening but I wish ya the best.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 06, 2004 15:05     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about all that, Michelle. (and Skul! damn, sorry about your losses man) Best of luck to both of you in dealing with your hardships. I know divorce can be a tough go, because my folks split up when I was young and I am facing the possibility of it myself right now. Schroeder has given some excellent advice though - try to keep everything as civil as possible and things will go much smoother.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted January 06, 2004 15:20     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so you had no clue that anything was up when you were served??? that is very odd. don't freak out too much, divorce is survivable, a couple of us here have gone through it.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 06, 2004 16:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LEGAL ZOOM
I was surfing around the net last week and came across this site (my wife & I are having problems also, so I was checking into things... we're trying to get thru a tough year of fighting and not seeing things eye to eye). It's very interesting and helpful. You can really handle the entire proceedre yourself if you both can work things out. It also depends on what state you live in. Either way, the site helped me understand the important issues, and realize how much time and $$$ we could save if we end up going down that road.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 06, 2004 18:10     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have no idea what to say to you pons, but i went through almost 13yrs relationship, so it was tough for me, i believe it kinda made me even more freaky my outlooks have completly changed i have dated 4 women since my x and i just dont have time to go through all that bullshit again (mabye cause i am no bullshitter) ? but i think it is better to find someone your own age or older ? the women i have dated since my x have all been younger and boy is there a generation gap ! you might just find living alone gets very comfortable very quick.

sorry to hear about all that skul ! man thats alot to deal with.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 06, 2004 18:16     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my papers were finally filed for divorce yesterday (one year waiting period in this screwed up state). so i should be free by the end of this week or next. it will be tough as hell, but you will get through it, too. i know im having WAY too much fun being single---once i finally got over my ex totally screwing me over, that is.

and Pat, you fucking slay me. totally, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 06, 2004 18:21     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just do like my family does - live in sin! My dad's living in sin with his woman (okay, so he's a kept man ), my sister's got 2 beautiful bastard children with her man. The only one who got properly married is my older brother - and he's separated from his wife now! What's the point?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 06, 2004 18:29     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
in this day and age Meg, that is very true.
all the horror stories i hear of child custody and support battles.
looks like i was the lucky one compared to half my friends.

i get to keep my shit

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 07, 2004 10:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread is starting to scare me. Is this what I have to look forward to? Ah, I'll just do something special for my boyfriend.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan