my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Eric Forrest- Canadian? American? Both?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eric Forrest- Canadian? American? Both?
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted December 27, 2003 23:28     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As you may or may not know, I haven't been listening to Voivod for as long as many of you. So this may be a silly question: What nationality is Eric Forrest?

Here's what I know: He was discovered by Piggy & Away in Toronto, so he must be Canadian...right? Yet in the lyrics to "DNA (Don't No Anything)", he sings that he was born in the USA...or was he? He got together with two guys from the USA for Project Failing Flesh - where did he meet them? Was it really via a spontaneous e-mail exchange, or did he know them before?

Or maybe he's Canadian-American, or American-Canadian, or "None Of The Above".

---

They say the ringing in my ears is due to my medication, but I'm starting to think it's because of metalcation instead...

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted December 27, 2003 23:33     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat ...

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 28, 2003 03:20     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Arguments, agreements, advice, answers,
Articulate announcements

Babble, burble, banter, bicker bicker bicker
Brouhaha, boulderdash, ballyhoo

Comments, cliches, commentary, controversy
Chatter, chit-chat, chit-chat, chit-chat,
Conversation, contradiction, criticism

These are words with a D this time
Dialogue, dualogue, diatribe,
Dissention, declamation
Double talk, double talk

Expressions, editorials, expugnations, exclamations, enfadulations

...uhh ...what was the question again?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 28, 2003 05:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who know?

I just think the KC references are COOL!!!

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 28, 2003 08:41     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SR: How did Jim Thirlwell get involved? Impressive that you give him his own track for his song.

AWAY: I was returning a favor to Jim. He came to a couple of shows in New York at the old Ritz and he invited me to work with him. I've played on a couple of his albums. He's like the Frank Zappa of industrial music. He works so well and I have a great relationship with him on a twisted level. We discovered that we are both into freak shows or fright shows. That's what "D.N.A. (Don't No Anything) is about. It's an experiment that turns bad and some human gets turned into a monster. He doesn't know because there's no mirror. He's totally monstrous. I asked Jim to do the lyrics but once I read them I knew he would be the only guy who could sing them. It's very cool of him, actually.

article

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted December 28, 2003 23:55     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx, Hat' - that article clears up a few mysteries!

--------------------

Torsion
VoivodFan
Member # 395

posted December 29, 2003 12:16     Profile for Torsion   Email Torsion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shread, I think after chatting with him before a gig a few years back, he is an American living in the world of Alexander Keiths, Molson and Moosehead.

--------------------

Torsion Drummer

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted December 30, 2003 00:24     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So if he's indeed an American, I wonder what year he moved to the Great White North.

None of this matters, of course - just making conversation. And for anyone upset about the King Crimson references, I can only tell you that you have to be happy with what you have to be happy with.

Damn...time for another martini...

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan