my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new voivod cover song posted

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new voivod cover song posted
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 19, 2003 23:56     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
on voivod.net. Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. It's a Die Kreutzen song they recorded for a tribute, I gather. I like it...but I don't know if most of you will. Check it out and tell me what you think.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 20, 2003 06:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wasn't that posted here a long time ago?

I'm too lazy to try and find the thread, however.

--------------------

yawn

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 20, 2003 10:01     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey thanks Meg, I hadn't heard about that cover before..

mmh, looks like the song is called 'Man in the Trees', not 'Called Man in the Trees'...
(I don't know Die Kreuzen actually, I'll have a look for their albums)

Well, I really like that tune!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 20, 2003 12:36     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's new Schroeder. On .net it says "the band and their manager James have made an unreleased cover song available in the download section. Happy Holidays!"

Of course "unreleased" doesn't mean YOU GUYS haven't seen it before...you get your hands on the most incredible things...

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 20, 2003 12:42     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link Meg! Cheers!

It's pretty damn good. I've never heard any Die Kruezen before this.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 20, 2003 12:48     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hum, i dont know if i will even get to hear it ? everytime i try to d/l it it just hangs up on me. i start out with a whopping speed of 1.6k/s then nothing.
i managed to get 203kb of it though.

YURI !!! CRANK UP THE SPEED MAN !
theres other stuff ive wanted to d/l from the site along time ago but its hindering things.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 20, 2003 12:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, what a piece of shit server! I too got a "blazing fast" transfer rate of 1.8kb/sec, then it died on me.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 20, 2003 13:05     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta use flashget with those files.

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 20, 2003 13:06     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HA! I got over 5kbps! Still took 2 tries though, it cut me off when it was about 92% downloaded the first time and my computer didn't retain what had dl'd! Try the 192bitrate version rather than the higher one.

--------------------

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted December 20, 2003 13:06     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
There is a new Die Kreuzen Tribute on the way from Erosion Records, PO Box 701, Appleton, WI 54912. The track listing is as follows:

Aluminum Knot Eye- Number Three
Bait - Stomp
Beekler - Pain
Bionic - All White
Vic Bondi - Enemies
Bound To One - Fuckups
Brutal Truth - Rumors
Catastrophe - On The Streets
Colossamite - Imagine A Light
Cowboy Suite - Mannequin
Droids - In School
Fuzzdolly - No Name
Garlic Frog Diet - Over The Edge
Hum Machine - Don't Say Please
Mad Trucker Gone Mad - Think For Me
Miner - Big Bad Days
Buzz Moran - No Time
St. Ellas - Elizabeth
Sanity Assassins - Hate Me
Season To Risk - Melt
Shitbong - Live Wire
Traindodge - Among The Ruins
Voivod - Man In The Trees
Mike Watt - Stomp

It should be available in early 2004. Contact Erosion for more info at: mshillstrom@yahoo.com

die kreuzen used to be one of my favourite bands in the 80s, i dunno about a 'tribute' album though. that band's sound is kind of passe now and i just can't imagine getting too excited about them being covered (especially the vocals, yikes). i think i'd rather just listen to my old records.

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted December 20, 2003 13:08     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
from the Bait website:
quote:
1997 SPINE WRENCH had recently split, Mid spotted an ad in Maximum Rock 'n' roll asking for bands interested in contributing tracks for a forthcoming DIE KREUZEN tribute album. Citing DK as one of one of the most amazing and inspirational bands ever Mid was desperate to participate but had no band, and so contacted Snapa and asked if he wanted to cover a DK track under the BAIT monicker. Thus BAIT was reborn. A ferocious version of the DK track 'Stomp' (originally on the 88 'Century Days' album) was recorded. Mid on Guitar and vocals, Snapa on bass, with programmed drums. The tribute album was meant to come out in early 98 on Erosion Records but to my knowledge never appeared.

how strange. i wonder if VV answered the Maximum ad too back in 97? And if so, who's singing on the track?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 20, 2003 13:11     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's definitely Snake.

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 21, 2003 20:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would buy that just for the season to risk and mike watt< even if voivod werent on there> neat.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 22, 2003 13:31     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lovely song. Like the sound also. Snake's voice is not too far upfront in the mix, unlike the last album.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted December 24, 2003 12:52     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx for the present VOIVOD.

BUON NATALE A TUTTI.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan