my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Eric Forrest & VIOVOD as a 3 piece (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Eric Forrest & VIOVOD as a 3 piece
Torsion
VoivodFan
Member # 395

posted December 18, 2003 11:41     Profile for Torsion   Email Torsion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VIOVOD Fans, I'm telling you that VOIVOD were THE SHIT with Eric Forrest, and the albums they put out as a three piece rock so fucking hard. I run 5 miles almost every morning to Kronic or Phobos and it never gets old. Is anyone with me?!?!?!?!

--------------------

Torsion Drummer

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 18, 2003 12:21     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only run when chased....so no.

I will agree that Phobos is an incredible album though (haven't heard Kronik).

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 18, 2003 12:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
meg, i'm surprised. i read all of the sound nutritional advice you gave on .com so i know you *must* do something other than running for aerobic activity, heh.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 18, 2003 14:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I, too, think that Phobos is a classic. Hope the next album will be as heavy and psychedelic as this one. Only with Snake vocals!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 18, 2003 15:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, if I run more than 5 centimeters I might have a heart attack, so...

Viovod? What the hell???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 18, 2003 16:34     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not exactly beautiful weather outside and I'm suffering a bit from a cold. So running 5 miles within my small and messy apartment is the only option but that looks quite absurd, even to me.

'Phobos', however, is one of my fav VV albums, together with 'Killing Technology', 'Dimension Hatross' and, even though I don't understand it cuz it's too progressive for me, 'Nothingface'!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 18, 2003 16:34     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by XniaX:
meg, i'm surprised. i read all of the sound nutritional advice you gave on .com so i know you *must* do something other than running for aerobic activity, heh.

Like I said, I only run when chased.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 18, 2003 18:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I LOVED ther music on Phobos & Kronik but I missed the originality of Belanger's voice. Eric sounds like every other death metal singer, brutal but no so unique. I've always wondered how Belanger would have penned lyrics and sang to the music on the albums he wasn't on.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 18, 2003 22:13     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Like I said, I only run when chased.

::begins chasing MadMeg around the room::

</wild fantasy segment>

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 19, 2003 00:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One thing about the Eric/Piggy/Away lineup, was the POWER it had in a live situation. They didnt move around much, but they didnt have to. That's the only thing that sticks in my mind when i think of that trio. I just remember this big ass, empowering, menacing wall of sound.

They made a whole lot of fucking noise for three guys, man!

Phobos is a masterpiece. The rightful follow-up to DH. Kronik, however, meh.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 19, 2003 00:54     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But Kronik contains ION, and that's all I need! Erosion & Vortex are cool tunes as well. The remixes are hopelessy useless, unfortunately.

Phobos is definitly one of my favs as well! One of the band's finest!

Although a minority on this board, I also think Negatron kicks some serious teeth out, and there's nothing wrong with a Voivod record that does just that! Also see: RrröööaaarrR!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted December 19, 2003 02:43     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that an interesting thing would have been to hear Snake singing on Phobos instead of Snake and Eric singing on the last one instead of Snake...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 19, 2003 05:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OKAY, I must play PHOBOS at work today and listen to it with new ears. The 3 cds with Eric are my least played Voivod discs, but I do like them better than War & Pain and RRROOOAAARRR, just because the vocals are better. Vocally Eric does sound very similar to the Killing Technology era.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 19, 2003 12:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phobos is tops!! And, torsion, I think I can make at least 2 1/2 miles. Very funny madmeg...i only run when chased. Not hearing Phobos live, that will forever be one of my saddest losses.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 19, 2003 18:27     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phobos and Negatron are both TOPS !
unique in their own way, i liked the aggression in erics vocals alot, it dont sound just like any other deathmetal band either, it still had that voivodik ring to it.
'and the moving around bit on stage' personally i wouldnt gives no shit, i am here for the music ! damn stage antics ! but jason would know all them typa tricks ? marketing bites, VoiVod is still very BIG sound none can touch IMO. im mean shit, didnt they invent the Dischord sound ? and prevail where others have failed. fuck flying around the stage like some fairy or something, it is one of the things i always admired about Bill Murray from Iron Maiden, he was so concentrated on his guitar playing he didnt need to fly around. a pal once said that to me back in the day when we were watching a concert (why does he just stand there?) well if you ever see Joe Satriani in concert hes doing pretty much the same thing, making sure you get a killer show (soundwise). i rock out to Phobos and Negatron quite often.

BTW im am looking for eric era live shows if anyone is packing any ? eric was fucking awsome too with voivod !

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 19, 2003 18:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just realized I am no longer a JUNIOR VoivodFan! And really, I just would have liked to see Eric's Forrest (and trunk) in the flesh. His vocals would have been a plus!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 20, 2003 06:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross, I didn't know BILL MURRAY played in Maiden!!! Was this after the CADDYSHACK movies or when he was filming GROUNDHOG DAY? How does he find the time?

I think his brother Dave is a fine guitarist; however!!!

Just fuckin' wit cha...

I've got some EF shows with VV. I can hook ya up.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 20, 2003 06:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross, I didn't know BILL MURRAY played in Maiden!!! Was this after the CADDYSHACK movies or when he was filming GROUNDHOG DAY? How does he find the time?

Just fuckin' wit cha...

I've got some EF shows with VV. I can hook ya up. For someone who says he didn't like EF in VV, I just realized I have 2 different versions of Phobos and Negatron and 4 shows with EF:
10/13/00 - LEE'S PALACE TORONTO CANADA - 1CDR
4/4/98 - SLIPDISC RECORDS SHOWCASE CHICAGO - 1CDR
8/11/96 - CBGB'S NEW YORK CITY NEW YORK - 1CDR
5/19/96 - JAXX SPRINGFIELD VIRGINIA - 1CDR

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 20, 2003 07:20     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Just fuckin' wit cha...

I've got some EF shows with VV. I can hook ya up.

haha, oops... i guess its been awhile, and that turkey lastnight was kicking.
thanks for the correction i musta been typing fast

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 20, 2003 07:31     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
For someone who says he didn't like EF in VV, I just realized I have 2 different versions of Phobos and Negatron and 4 shows with EF:
10/13/00 - LEE'S PALACE TORONTO CANADA - 1CDR
4/4/98 - SLIPDISC RECORDS SHOWCASE CHICAGO - 1CDR
8/11/96 - CBGB'S NEW YORK CITY NEW YORK - 1CDR
5/19/96 - JAXX SPRINGFIELD VIRGINIA - 1CDR

i didnt know there were 2 versions of Phobos & Negatron <eek> are they demos ?
i would like to get hold of those too, is there a way you can post them or send them to Papacorpse, mabye he could post them for everyone.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 20, 2003 19:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The one Negatron is on MAUSOLEUM with the QuickTime videoand the other is HYNOTIC with the 2 bonus songs (Vortex & Erosion).

Phobos: one is the advance cd with the differnt front card, same tunes.

After seeing all the cool stuff Warcorpse has in his collection and displays on this site, I had to find more Voivod stuff for my collection.

If you need any of the live show I listed let me know. I could also send copies to Warcopse if he needed them and he could post them for others to d/l.

--------------------

yawn

disneysdreamdebased
VoivodFan
Member # 304

posted December 22, 2003 19:33     Profile for disneysdreamdebased   Email disneysdreamdebased     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is a VERY strong case for Phobos being one of the bands best releases.
It beats OUTER LIMITS hands down and in some ways the ideas and invention beats the last album also (although i do think that album is VERY STRONG.)
PHOBOS itself is simply an INSTANT classic that matches any of their other work.
MERCURY is another great track.
They sounded totally re-energized and focussed on this album.
I am a die-hard ANGEL RAT/NOTHING FACE- fan but this album runs them close- ESSENTIAL for any fan- the vocals/music/ideas are simply amazing.
Perhaps THE most under-rated record i can remember..

Torsion
VoivodFan
Member # 395

posted December 23, 2003 09:24     Profile for Torsion   Email Torsion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by disneysdreamdebased:
There is a VERY strong case for Phobos being one of the bands best releases.
It beats OUTER LIMITS hands down and in some ways the ideas and invention beats the last album also (although i do think that album is VERY STRONG.)
PHOBOS itself is simply an INSTANT classic that matches any of their other work.
MERCURY is another great track.
They sounded totally re-energized and focussed on this album.
I am a die-hard ANGEL RAT/NOTHING FACE- fan but this album runs them close- ESSENTIAL for any fan- the vocals/music/ideas are simply amazing.
Perhaps THE most under-rated record i can remember..

Disney, I wholeheartedly agree on your perspective on Phobos of course. But - what ever happened to outer limits? Did everyone get the cool 3D glasses?

--------------------

Torsion Drummer

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 23, 2003 11:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't ask for much, Dear Mr. Warcorpse....And congratulations on your beautiful new child. And for playing host to the GREATEST website EVER!! And for loving crazy metal music....and what else can I do or say to get my paws on that metal-boxed edition of Negatron?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 23, 2003 13:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Where the hell did you find that thing!!!
You're not fuckin' with us are you... some kind of photo-shop image???!!!

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan