my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Deicide+Destruction yesterday night...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deicide+Destruction yesterday night...
marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted December 16, 2003 12:29     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great show yesterday night here in Milano with the X-mas Festival (7 bands of thrash and death metal). Unfortunately I finished late to work so I could see only the last two bands (but the only 2 I bought the ticket for...): Destruction and Deicide.
Destruction were one of first thrash band I loved in the 80's.. they never played here in Italy with the old formation, and just a couple after the reunion...
Tonight the sound is excellent (I've recorded the show with my tape) a lot of nice nice drunk people and old friends to meet...
The start is devasting: Curse the Gods+Total Desaster, un MASSACRO!!! Then some new stuff (I don't like so much the last albums, specially the vocals), but the final is total old style: Life without Sense, Eternal Ban, Mad Butcher and... Bestial Invasion!!!
only 1 hour of music for them and the same for Deicide that played very well all they success...Very powerful show, at the end I had no word to say, it was like they had destroyed anything...
About Destruction one thing I must say:sincerly they didn't played very very well: the drummer sometimes lost the tempo and Mike presented some very-simplified-versions of some of the songs. The speed of the solos is very far from the old days...
But it was still a pleasure and an emotion to saw one of the band that made great the hystory of heavy metal.They were the only musicians that after the show hanged out in the club drunking and speaking with the fans, making photos and autograph, etc...(why no Deicide were around????). For me an exemple of nice people before to be also great musicians...

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan