my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » For Chuck Shuldiner...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Chuck Shuldiner...
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 13, 2003 20:56     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today marks the 2nd anniversary of Chuck's death.

Even though today is almost over, I just wanted to start a "thread of appreciation" for one of the most influential guitarists/songwriters of our time.

Thanks to Chuck for all of the melody, harmony, and most of all..."brutality" that he has given us through his music.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 13, 2003 23:44     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was a "late bloomer" as far as getting into Death, but over the last couple of years I have become a huge fan. Symbolc is now up in my top albums of all time. Great guitarist, great song writer, he is missed.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 13, 2003 23:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two years? Damn time moves fast these days.
R.I.P. Chuck

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 14, 2003 05:33     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP. 'Human' is probably my favourite death metal album, ever. It's beautiful.

Another one of those great bands that I got into too late... I hate being young sometimes.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 14, 2003 11:55     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too bad. Brilliant guitarplayer and songwriter.

Spiritual Healing still my fave album up to this day. The start of the title track remains mindblowing.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 14, 2003 13:49     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another genius who died much too young.

The impact he had on metal can't be ignored. Hail to one of metal all-time greatest guitarists/composers.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 14, 2003 23:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got Leprosy back in '89, my first ever death-metal album. I didn't even know what death-metal was, didn't know it was an actual genre. Well, I listened to that tape on and off for years until last year when I gave it a go again and said to myself "shit, why didn't I ever really get into this?" And Leprosy isn't even close to the apex of comp / musicianship Chuck would eventually reach. I only have Lep and Symbolic, high-time to obtain more. RIP Chuck

--------------------

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted December 15, 2003 04:03     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, Leprosy and Spiritual Healing are definately excellent! and Symbolic too...
RIP Chuck, you are greatly missed!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 15, 2003 04:20     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Human changed my life forever...

Chuck was a great artist, and he won't be forgotten.

np: Lack of Comprehension

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 15, 2003 09:23     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know what? I dreamed recently that Death was doing a cover of "Forgotten in Space". Crazy, huh? But just imagine Chuck screaming that tune "ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!"

RIP Chuck, only the good die young.

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 15, 2003 09:38     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Scream Bloody Gore" & "Leprosy" are some of the most remarkable albums in the Death Metal scene... Sacrificial(Cunt) & Open Casket are some highlights...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 15, 2003 20:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I've been talking to Mrs. Shuldiner via e-mail for about 2 years now, she's such a nice lady, and just an all around cool metal mom!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan