my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » THE RANCID Baltimore Band MP3

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE RANCID Baltimore Band MP3
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 08, 2003 08:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK you lucky fucks, since I'm trying to be as cool as all the other people on this site who are posting songs for you to listen to, I finally learned how to place MP3's online for you to download (slow learner). However since I'm limited on webspace I could only put up one track.

This is by a Baltimore band from the 80s - 90's called THE RANCID (previously known as RANCID DECAY) and this track is tittled STREETWISE. It's the last song on a 4 song 1988 demo tape that was produce by Dan Miller (formerly of Apollo Ra / Museum Of Fear).
The line up was:
Matt Crocco - guitar (now in Ironboss)
Kevin - bass
Fernando - guitar & vocals
Eric Dixon - drum (also played in Liqour Bike, The Cave Slags, Meatjack...and many many other bands)

For those of you lucky enough and cool enough to have a copy of WRATHCHILD AMERICA's 'CLIMBIN THE WALLS' cd you will notice on the back that Jay Abbene is spotin' a RANCID t-shirt!!!

Anyway here's the song, let me know what you think and I'll post the other 3 tunes later and the art I created for the cd I made from the tape.

STREETWISE

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 08, 2003 09:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OKAY I squeezed one more song on for ya.

WASTELAND

This is song #2 on the demos.

Her's the sleeve art for the demos. download it, print it, cut it, fold it, glue it, slide the cd in when you burned it:

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 09, 2003 10:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About the first song you posted, Streetwise, the very first thing that came to my mind was a mix of early Helmet and Cockney Rejects (especially for the vocal line)! Second one, Wasteland, is more straight punk, though. What impresses me is the crystal clear production, something very unlikely for a 1988 demo!

Great stuff, thanks for sharing schroeder!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 09, 2003 10:17     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool stuff, I really like the drummer (that break in Wasteland, at 1'37...)
thanks!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 09, 2003 10:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally someones listened to these!!!

Dixon was THE DRUMMER of the hardcore /underground scene in Baltimore. Lots of influences rolled into one.

I know you guys will enjoy the last 2 songs, but I'll leave these up for a while so more people can get them. Dan Miller who produced this had a lot to do with the sound quality. He had recorded demos for his band Apolla Ra with Carl Canedy and briught his experience and keen ear to the RANCID project.

These recordings might finally get an official release next year... I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks for the feedback.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 09, 2003 20:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
pretty cool riffs RRRRRRAAAAAAWWWWWW sound.

i never heard of that group though i grew up in this area.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan