my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Slayer's Jagermeister tour (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Slayer's Jagermeister tour
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2003 08:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I just read the review of the gig in the metaljudgment.com site.

"After a full set of classic material, Slayer played the entire Reign in Blood album, in order, from start to finish."

Check it out: metal judgment

I hope they get to Brasil soon!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 05, 2003 09:16     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How long did this thing last?? I presume 20 minutes or so. I once heard that album was going to be about 40 minutes long and after they did it in the studio it was only 30 minutes or so??

Slayer is fucking cool. I have most of their albums.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted December 05, 2003 09:51     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they did that on this year's 1st night at the Astoria in London on 8 july...
they did it again at a festival in Spain 3 days later...
so I guess they must of played that trick on a couple occasions since then.

did I mention that Dave Lombardo was still one of the best (if not the best) after all these years?

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 05, 2003 09:58     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
paul, I have the "Reign in Blood" demo, it's only eight tracks, and they DO play them A LOT SLOWER!!!!
01 - Criminally Insane
02 - Piece by Piece
03 - Reborn
04 - Aggressive Perfector
05 - Necrophobic
06 - Angel of Death
07 - Postmortem
08 - Raining Blood
It's like a rehearsal, sounds pretty cool, and it's incredible how they changed the tracks in the studio... To make you an idea, it's like the songs in "Reign in Blood" but with "Hell Awaits"' atmosphere!!!! cool!!!
SLAYER RULES!!!!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2003 10:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
paul, I have the "Reign in Blood" demo, it's only eight tracks, and they DO play them A LOT SLOWER!!!!
01 - Criminally Insane
02 - Piece by Piece
03 - Reborn
05 - Necrophobic
06 - Angel of Death
07 - Postmortem
08 - Raining Blood
It's like a rehearsal, sounds pretty cool, and it's incredible how they changed the tracks in the studio... To make you an idea, it's like the songs in "Reign in Blood" but with "Hell Awaits"' atmosphere!!!! cool!!!
SLAYER RULES!!!!!!!

Should we wait for a post at the "thrash rips" thread? Please?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 05, 2003 11:00     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, sure Slaytanic!!! I have some problems:
- I connect to the internet at my office, so I'll need someone that allows me an account to FTP space (hi warcorpse!!!!).
- You'll have to wait until Tuesday, as here in Chile Monday is a holiday.
- I don't have the CD here with me, so again, you'll have to wait until Tuesday!!!
But, sure, I promise I'll do!!!! Hope you all like the "Hell Awaits the Reign in Blood" rehearsal!!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 05, 2003 11:08     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tickets for Slayer sold out within Hours here in San Francisco.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2003 11:13     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Yeah, sure Slaytanic!!! I have some problems:
- I connect to the internet at my office, so I'll need someone that allows me an account to FTP space (hi warcorpse!!!!).
- You'll have to wait until Tuesday, as here in Chile Monday is a holiday.
- I don't have the CD here with me, so again, you'll have to wait until Tuesday!!!
But, sure, I promise I'll do!!!! Hope you all like the "Hell Awaits the Reign in Blood" rehearsal!!!!!

Muchas gracias, amigo!!!

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 05, 2003 11:56     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A tu servicio, amigo brasilero!!!! I'm just waiting fot warcorpse to give me access to some space...

PD: Qué le pasó a Brasil en el Mundial Sub-20 ?! No pueden perder con Australia de esa manera!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2003 12:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
PD: Qué le pasó a Brasil en el Mundial Sub-20 ?! No pueden perder con Australia de esa manera!!!!

Que?!?! Mundial Sub 20??? No conozco...

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 05, 2003 13:26     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check:
http://www.terra.co.cr/deportes/articulo/html/dep119213.htm

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 05, 2003 21:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only one question...HOW IN THE FUCK COULD THEY POSSIBLY PULL-OFF 'NECROPHOBIC' "LIVE" IN CONCERT?!?! That's the fastest fucking song on RIB!!! They Goddamn well better put that RIB set-list to DVD one of these days! (I'm surprised it's not included in the new box-set! )

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted December 06, 2003 01:11     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIB in its entirety? Ouch! I haven't had a sore neck from headbanging since the '80's but I'm looking forward to the pain if they make it to Abq!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 06, 2003 01:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone gonna post that Reign in Blood demo?
IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 06, 2003 01:43     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's all true, Slayer does play Reign In Blood as their encore. Every night on this tour. I didn't get to go due to family issues, and have been depressed somewhat about it, but I've seen Slayer four times live so it isn't THAT big of a deal. Plus I'm sure it will surface on DVD or CD-R somewhere along the line...

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 06, 2003 22:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I REALLY hope they come to Brasil. They didn't play Piece By Piece not even at the Reign In Blood tour!

And, Gerfat, that link of yours it offline. It will ALWAYS be offline for me, BTW...

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 08, 2003 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"After a full set of classic material, Voïvod played the entire Killing Technology album, in order, from start to finish."

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 09, 2003 06:20     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's funny Slaytanic!!!
Well, I have that "Reign in Blood" demo at my office!!! I don't have where the fuck to upload it though...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 09, 2003 22:04     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get WC to hook you up with the FTP uploading shit.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 09, 2003 22:36     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Well, I have that "Reign in Blood" demo at my office!!! I don't have where the fuck to upload it though...

Gerfat! Email me if you want some ftp. I'd be glad to help man!

Saw Slayer's performance in Portland last week and it was stellar! Since Drown Mary was opening the show, I was fortunate enough to score all-access and got to hang backstage, chat with Mike Ammott, and watch King and Lombardo soundcheck with some unreleased material! The Reign In Blood set ruled all and once again proved to me that Lombardo is an essential, and unreplaceable part of that band!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 10, 2003 07:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Saw Slayer's performance in Portland last week and it was stellar! Since Drown Mary was opening the show, I was fortunate enough to score all-access and got to hang backstage, chat with Mike Ammott, and watch King and Lombardo soundcheck with some unreleased material! The Reign In Blood set ruled all and once again proved to me that Lombardo is an essential, and unreplaceable part of that band!

Whooaaaa!

Gasp!

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 10, 2003 09:04     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey X-D, I wrote you to the recordfinder e-mail... waiting for your answer...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 10, 2003 17:16     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! Thanks Gerfat! All good now!

For your listening pleasure, courtesy of Gerfat...

Slayer's Reign In Blood demos, 1986
01 - Criminally Insane
02 - Piece By Piece
03 - Reborn
05 - Necrophobic
06 - Angel Of Death
07 - Postmortem
08 - Raining Blood

Enjoy! Thanks Gerfat!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 10, 2003 21:25     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You just made a 17 year old boy's dreams come true

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 10, 2003 23:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCKING "A" BAD ASS!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Wow, sounds like they had the guitars definitely "dialed" in for the demo, I swear it's the exact sound on the album as well!

Obviously the "drum-mix" needed more tweeking in the end, and Tom's vocals and lyrical delivery weren't as refined as of yet.

Nevertheless, it's fucking cool to hear shit, such as the "clicks" before each song starts...made my fucking day!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan