my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Trey Gunn...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trey Gunn...
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 26, 2003 11:09     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...has left King Crimson.
http://www.treygunn.com/word/letter.html

Gutted they didn't play the UK on the last tour.

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 26, 2003 11:38     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That leaves a lot of questions:

1 - Who's gonna replace him? Tony Levin? But I believe that Levin was there because of Bruford, and Bruford said he was never gonna play again with KC (he can't stand Fripp!). Then who?

2 - Maybe KC is just going to split? Then no replacement will be needed...

3 - If KC doesn't split, are they going to have a major line-up change?

4 - Shouldn't they get Pierre Saint-Jean? (Sorry, couldn't resist!).

Can't wait to see what's going to happen...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 26, 2003 12:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Malone would be an excellent choice... something in my gut tells me this could be the end though... maybe it's the pizza I just ate.

I'm still pissed off that they didn't play the UK on the last tour. The latest album is genius.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 26, 2003 18:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm totally bummed by the news and as much as I hope KC channels more music thru Fripp I'm beginning to have my doubts of the future of the worlds most inventive bands.

This will certainly give Belew time he needs to focus on his solo material and finish up the long awaited DUST box set of rarities.

Gunn and Mastelotto were as good as any other KC 'low end' section and I think had a lot to do with progressing the band over the last several years. They also had a lot to do with getting more exposure and distribution.

I would love to see someone like Malone join the band, but feel that maybe it's time for Fripp to settle down and spend more time with Toyah. I have a feeling he will still be releasing music however. Maybe KC can continue as a studio band...which to me is better than nothing.

Only time will tell.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan