my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Leader: 'Three Bandmembers Have To Leave'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD Leader: 'Three Bandmembers Have To Leave'
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 24, 2003 08:05     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
VOIVOD bassist Jason Newsted (formerly of METALLICA), a.k.a. "Jasonic", has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"I am in the process of talking seriously with each bandmember about the future of VOIVOD.

"There are lots of rumours circling around and this statement is issued to clear some of those.

"The band is in a severe crisis at the moment.

"Looking back now, it is very clear to me why the situation has catapulted into crisis.

"I have my own way to lead VOIVOD and since being in this band since last year I have had a very clear vision about the musical direction of VOIVOD. To put it short and simple, this is MY band now.

"I decide what VOIVOD sounds like. "Voivod haters" might decide how VOIVOD looks like. I don't give a fuck about that though, I love music and we are not some fucking BACKSTREET BOYS. We eat metal and shit chains.

"Before some of you start shouting 'dictator', I would like to tell you that we have always shared the income from the band equally. Everyone gets the same from all income. I can tell you many bands when it's not like this.

"Up until very last weeks I though things were fine, there have been arguments, but nothing fancy. At this point I feel that my vision of where to take VOIVOD next is threatened. Along with many other things, which I cannot tell you due to legal reasons. Let me just say this: when the things get so heated that some people in the band enter into fistfight, then something is wrong, wouldn't you agree?

"I am talking with Snake [singer Denis Belanger] and Piggy [guitarist Denis D'Amour] at the moment and next week I'll fly to Canada to talk to Away [drummer Michel Langevin]. And then I have to think.

"So you guys have to wait for some more time for some more news.

"At this point it seems 95% sure that 3 bandmembers have to leave. I really hope I can work things out with them, but if not, then they will have to go.

"And to those who say I should leave VOIVOD I say, hmmm well, perhaps it's better that I don't say anything, so I just say, 'Fuck Off!' I am not leaving anywhere, we just signed this new deal and I am going to continue writing new songs and there will be more albums, no matter what the line up will be.

"Stay tuned for more..."

I'm in awe.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 24, 2003 08:38     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this a joke or something? A really bad joke? Slayman? WTF? Did I miss something?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 24, 2003 08:38     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right. This is a wind-up. It has to be. Where did you find this news Slayman? I'm not buying it.
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 24, 2003 08:58     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It IS a joke. This news item is about Stratovarius, not Voivod. It's on Blabbermouth.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 24, 2003 09:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, just one hour! I thought it would last longer. Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. It fit just too perfectly.

Here is the real deal, Strato story (as if anyone cares ):

From Blabbermouth

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 24, 2003 09:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You, Motherfucker You!!
You had me there one moment (a second)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 24, 2003 09:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're looking for a dry slap right across your bugle, pal!
Fucking Voivod haters the lot of yer!

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted November 24, 2003 15:02     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
much applause for scaring the crap out of me.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted November 24, 2003 15:10     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I fail to see the amusement.

"Fuck Off and Die!"

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 24, 2003 15:52     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny as hell, Slay!!!

Had a good laugh about the reactions too.

"Duck Off and Fly!"

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 24, 2003 23:29     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn you!! I was on the verge of total bliss what with my new drugs kicking in and now I have to call my therapist!!!!!
I'll tell you which 3 band members have to leave...Newsted's, me, myself and I!
Now get busy with that great album you all had better release!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 25, 2003 05:28     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! That was a great joke, Slaytanic!!

BTW, I can't believe you guys! You swallowed the hook deep in your throats right away!?! Do you really doubt the integrity of VOIVOD that much? Shame on you!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted November 25, 2003 07:00     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry I didn't buy it...
too much of a caricature indeed!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted November 25, 2003 14:28     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WE EAT METAL AND SHIT CHAINS.

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan