my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Darkness

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Darkness
Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted November 22, 2003 14:34     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who's heard of them? Are they wankers or not? http://www.thedarknessrock.com
 |  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 22, 2003 14:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IMHO, they're no news or something. Again a new "sensation" who is nothing more than the 70's recycled. In this case, glam rock recycled. They do have the necessary skills, though, fans of glam rock will rejoice. I think they're OK, fun to listen to, but no rock'n'roll salvation, yet. Next one, please.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 22, 2003 15:36     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
D/l'ed their album and must say that it isn't bad at all. But Slaytanic's right. It's not new at all, but simple recycling.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 22, 2003 17:09     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you changed the title of this thread to "The Darkness Suck Donkey Nuts", then I would be a happy man. I love the irony that it is everything that grunge kids et al. were rebelling against, and now they're the coolest thing on the block.

Assclowns.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 22, 2003 17:47     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh well, blame NME...
GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted November 23, 2003 11:38     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They kinda sound like Urge Overkill with Tori Amos on vocals.
Me, I'm not impressed, but it looks like they're having fun.

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 24, 2003 04:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with Lyc on this one.. they suck. I found the track 'Get Your Hands Off Of My Woman (Mother Fucker)" mildly amusing the first time I heard it, but since then the radio play for the bland, poor-man's Van Halen that thier other single has had, just kills it stone dead. It's too boring to listen to twice, let alone have it force fed to you a thousand times a day. They'll be gone soon enough.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 24, 2003 15:57     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Number One Nominee for The 2003 Grandmasters of Übersuction Awards.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 24, 2003 16:13     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd sum it up in two words...

Utter Shite

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 24, 2003 23:19     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
never heard of 'em. however, since most of you agree they suck then i'm in! they suck! i value and respect everyone's opinions here and this is where i get turned on to bands i've never heard of or would not go out of my way to check out, so thanks alot for twisting my mind a little more every day!
"What? Follow you off a bridge?"

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted November 26, 2003 16:06     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for all of the views. they're just starting to hit north america and i saw a short interview with them so i was curious. i don't know how popular they will be here (no one seems to like robbie williams all that much either). time will tell i guess.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 26, 2003 16:48     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can download their album here and find out for yourself :

HERE

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan