my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Spamgaurds

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spamgaurds
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 17, 2003 16:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could somebody suggest a spamgaurd that is fairly reasonable and effective. I learned to ignore all this shit for a while but now the son of a bitches are actually opening the cd rom drive whenever I pop onto the net. This I cannot handle.
 |  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 18, 2003 15:34     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHOA! What now? Your CD ROM drive is physically opening from the actions of an outside source?
I don't think I've ever heard of shit like that. I think you need more than just a new browser, Mez.
AFTER you have done a full virus scan, do me a favor & go here:

SPYBOT Search & Destroy

Run the fucker & see what comes up. I'm VERY curious.
Plus - I'm emailing you a program that kills 99.9% of pop-ups, if you want to keep using IE.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 18, 2003 16:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its a group out of Roswell Georgia called SpyWiper who actually advertise spyware software by annoying the fuck out of you. Thanks for the help Tango, the Mozilla seems to be working fine though.
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted November 18, 2003 18:46     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another good software against those fucking pop ups is Ad Aware 6.0. Not only does it get rid of pop ups, it gets rid of that gator shit as well.

--------------------

There's something I like about the clitoris, but I can't quite put my finger on it - George Carlin.

--------------------

Oh my god, space aliens! Don't eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them!
-Homer Simpson

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 19, 2003 03:11     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, that Spybot S&D has one advantage over the free version of AdAware: it stops much of the shit before it installs itself. A good idea is to use both on a daily basis.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted November 19, 2003 15:23     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you're a Mac user, I'd suggest you to use Safari instead of IE (it's got a pop-up blocker incorporated in the browser plus it's faster than IE). But then again, if you had a Mac you wouldn't be facing problems with viruses...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan