my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Waters Rejoins Pink Floyd

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waters Rejoins Pink Floyd
Underbrain
VoivodFan
Member # 183

posted November 15, 2003 04:28     Profile for Underbrain   Email Underbrain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i don't know if this is a silly rumor, but rogerwatersonline.com has the following posted on it:

ROGER WATERS JOINS UP WITH PINK FLOYD MEMBERS
_____Today (14th November) Roger performed with Pink Floyd at the funeral of Steve O'Rourke. This is the first time since the last Wall concert in 1981 the four members have performed together. They played 2 songs together Fat Old Sun and Great Gig in the Sky. The funeral held at Chichester Cathedral, England was a fitting goodbye to a man some called Mr. Pink Floyd.

here's the link:
waters rejoins floyd

ozzy/sabbath
bruce/maiden
halford/priest
apple/iTunes for windows...

has hell actually frozen over?

-ub

--------------------

The future is here, and how.
\m/_ VOIVOD _\m/

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 15, 2003 06:48     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I take it the good ol' "SB" is still out of the question as far as vocals are concerned?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 15, 2003 10:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

'Huh, someone called my name?'

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 15, 2003 14:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SB could play one note all night (C) and stare at the audience.

I'd fucking pay to see that, you know.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted November 16, 2003 11:03     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LATEST NEWS

ROGER WATERS
DID NOT
PERFORM WITH PINK FLOYD
_____It now appears early reports that Roger joined Dave, Nick and Rick to perform 2 songs at Steve O' Rourkes funeral were premature. Despite this news coming from a very reliable source I think the sheer scale of the event blurred our usual prudent judgment. To clear things up Roger did not perform with the members of Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd did however play 2 songs at the funeral as previously stated.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 16, 2003 17:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:

'Huh, someone called my name?'

Is that really Syd???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted November 16, 2003 18:26     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell will freeze over before David and Roger will speak.

Slay, yes that is really him, there are many photographs of him in circulation on the web, all you have to do is search for SB pictures.

--------------------

Oh my god, space aliens! Don't eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them!
-Homer Simpson

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 16, 2003 19:15     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is about as crappy as journalism can get.
That bogus BS was ALL OVER the place.

P.S. SB looks like a damn serial killer

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 16, 2003 19:28     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
now we know what happened to vera... lol

that must be him, the eyes have it.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 17, 2003 07:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VodFan:
Slay, yes that is really him, there are many photographs of him in circulation on the web, all you have to do is search for SB pictures.

quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
P.S. SB looks like a damn serial killer

Yes, he surely does!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted November 17, 2003 18:17     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slaytanic, there's a documentary about Syd and the Floyd called 'Special Omnibus BBC 2001', it's quite interesting.
I've seen the US version of the same document, but it's a 'light' version (like without the part where their former landlord says Syd was the cook, always experimenting with drugs etc...)
And you can see him in '98, filmed from a distance...

Scary shit.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan