my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 12, 2003 23:38     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"From Abdullah to Zebra" - this is a must have for any metal head out there! I came upon it at Barnes & Noble. There are tons of great color photos and of course I went straight to "V". Here are a few excerpts:

Regarding the1987 release of Killing Technology: "....it's amazing that this album was even made, much less released or bought".

And that wasn't meant in a negative way either. He described it as filled with "extremely dark, minor-key escursions". He described them as ahead of their time, blah, blah....you know, all the great things we know about them already.

Regarding Angel Rat:
"Angel Rat possessed very odd time signatures and a few terrifiying diminished chords"

Voivod had a three page mostly positive review, and I was scanning the book pretty quickly, but it included a few very cool, large color photos. One I'd never seen before (which alot fo you probably have) was a '93 photo with the band in front of a blue Chevy. Piggy had a green guitar with a sticker that said, "Treat me like the pig that I am". There was also a photo from '90 with Blacky.

Anyway, check out this review of the book here Heavy Metal!

[B][/B]

|  IP: Logged
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 15, 2003 01:37     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
rok on sis! Zebra?? I think I liked one song of theirs. rok on!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 15, 2003 02:39     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was it "Whos's Behind The Door"?? they had another one that I don't recall at the moment.

Hey, did you see my post at www.tribalstew.com??

GOOD LUCK AT TOMORROW'S NAMMY AWARD CEREMONY. Red Earth and Isleta Pueblo ROCKS

P.S. Everyone: this is the annual Native American Music Awards being held in Albuquerque tomorrow night and Slugbutt's band Red Earth is up for an award - wish them luck!!!!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 16, 2003 22:48     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's the song!
This must be the brother and sister thread! Well we won an award last night and closed the show with a splaaaat! Much fun, but I think I've had enough of flutes for a long time!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 17, 2003 01:09     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations!!! I've been waiting all day to find out (guess I could have called ). That's funny about the flutes......see or meet anyone interesting? A couple of my co-workers were going to try to make, but I don't know.

You know what else is funny? I just saw the Frontier on the tele I'll be there soon enough too! Congrats again

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 18, 2003 00:55     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx! i guess we could call or e-mail each other! oh well, this is as good a place to catch up! as for meeting any interesting peeps...the NDN from the Village People was there and in tight leather pants! He was kinda goofy, didn't meet him tho. Too many werid skins, in their weird "Hollywood" world. i did get hit on by a very tall lady! She came up to me and pulled me by my necklace and told me i was short enough that she could rest her chin on my head! and I replied that if i kneeled in front of her i could lick her kneecaps! then she said she had just been out smarted by a short person and left to find someone else to take back to her room! it was hilarious! she had two of Shadowyze's hip-hop crew fighting over her. i called it Elimi-snag! i suppose you're the only one that will get that joke!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan