my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My New Favorite Group (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: My New Favorite Group
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 14, 2003 00:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, yes, I have Kula and now El Indio on my side. I feel the tide changing here at VVF.com. Soon, I believe Madorooooooar will come over as well. Take the leap Mal, we know you can do it. Put a smile on Darryl's face.
 |  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 14, 2003 10:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaaargh, no, never!!! (Must... not... hum... Man... Eater...) I shall never be a Hall & Oates fan! I shall never surrender!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 14, 2003 11:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never been into halls much, but oats are quite nice.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 14, 2003 11:35     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Aaaargh, no, never!!! (Must... not... hum... Man... Eater...) I shall never be a Hall & Oates fan! I shall never surrender!!!

RESIST! RESIST!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 14, 2003 12:05     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
... but G.E. Smith sucks major anus. How he ever landed that SNL gig, I'll never understand.

Oh yeah, sucks indeed. The best example is on Tom Waits "Downtown Train" (which was covered by Rod Stewart ), he plays guitar on that one (the only song of the "Rain Dogs" album where he appears, along with the great Tony Levin!), and this is just pointless repetitive lines that get stuck in your head. Shut up and - don't - play yer guitar!

And the faces he did on TV...

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 14, 2003 13:08     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez! Count me in. I can't believe it either, but I totally dig Hall & Oates. It's weird. I promise you I've never owned an album, but I caught a cable special on A&E (or something) called Live By Request. And it was Hall & Oates playing live at Radio City Music Hall for two hours taking requests by phone. Anyway, like I said, I've never owned an album, but I swear I knew every song they played for two hours. And they were good! Who would have thougth that they had two hours worth of hits.
OK...now I'll go crawl back underneath my rock.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 14, 2003 13:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First, Kula(well, that was a given), then Indio, and now the mighty Mustard hath spoken.....And I know if Schroeder was on here he'd join the party as well. Slowly we are taking over this forum.....I must send Darryl an email informing him of the coup....All we need is Warcorpse and my plan will be a success....
Are you with us or against us Corpse? Speak now!, before this gets bloody!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 14, 2003 13:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I know if Schroeder was on here he'd join the party as well.

Nope. He already likes Disturbed.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted November 14, 2003 14:52     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Never been into halls much, but oats are quite nice.

"Quaker Oats, its the right thing to do."

-Wilford Brimley

Mez: druuugs are baaa'ad, m-kay?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 14, 2003 15:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
But who are those guys anyway? Never heard'em. I don't listen to ANY mainstream music anyway.

You probably don't have a single idea of how happy you are by acting this way. Ignorance surely is bliss!!!

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 14, 2003 15:48     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At War With Hall & Oates Fans
REPORT FROM THE FRONT

Well, the resistance is forming, here at Voivodfan, to stop the deadly madness of Reverend Mezcalhead's Hall & Oates Church, a fanatical cult devoted to pop music perversions (among them: worshiping a short curly haired guy singing in a falsetto voice). The resistance leader, Maldoror (aka Malador the Sick or Malodor the Stinky) has been hidding in an abandonned building, gathering weapons and recruiting rebels as we speak. "We are planning radical actions, said the Resistance leader, and we are still waiting for the support of General Warcorpse for heavy weaponnery." It is clear that the 'Corpse will join the resistance, since his Voïvod kingdom is seriously put in danger.

Meanwhile, some defensive actions are taking place. The Resistance is blasting, with the help of loud speakers, the music of thrash-metal warriors Razor to suffering H&O fanaticals ("Get it? asked Maldoror, Razor=no moustache. The annihilation has begun").

We will keep you informed.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 14, 2003 16:04     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
^ Sign me up Malödorroarr

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted November 14, 2003 16:39     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me too. I now have "maneater" stuck in my head - I never realized what a truly stupid song that is. Where are my cds! Must...find...something...else...quickly...

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 14, 2003 17:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez... that last shred of something akin to respect for you that lingered at the pit of my brain has now shrivelled up and died.

MaldorimensionHatross! Pass the ammunition!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 14, 2003 18:19     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, like I said before, I can't go for that! Nope, no can do I!!!

Maldorrröööaaarrr, we can use the ancient Trojan Horse method with the latest Lionel Richie Head technology found here Trojan Head, to infiltrate the H & O's command base and destroy them....one by one.

To the Death

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 14, 2003 23:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhhhh....so you think you have my little army beat. How wrong you are!!!! Hahahahha! For I have recruited a soldier who can defeat the whole bunch of you. And yes, its a woman who goes by the name of

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKI!!!!!

Here are her words, and her words are deadly!!!! I'm sorry to have to use atomic weaponry against the enemy but I could see this was a losing battle.

I give you ANNKI:

"I have not wanted to login or view IRON GANG or CHOPHOUSE, lately.

I came here for music. This is thruth. I just "peeked" in and saw Jasonic answerd you.

I did not know anything. Everything I wrote is true; out of experience, what oter people told me, what I have learned through the music me and my children truly like.

I was in fact amazed about the theory "Chaos", The Butterfly Effect

I did not know voivod existed when I read the book about that "new science".

I was amazed by the AngelRat album.

Right now they are broadcasting "the music award" on TV 3 in sweden.

I'm still here in a sort of way.

Coincident or not? I had to leave my apartment because the owner is "renovaiting" (restoring) the whole area brcause the bulidings are old. So we ca not be there for three weeks.

It is true people have been harassing my yongest daughter. I told her to not belive the things they told her. We are all born equal.

My familys passion for music is true. It always has been and will always be.

Don't like it when people try to destroy the passion Í feel for the music that I truly love.

I "peeked" in at chophouse 10 minutes ago, (I think). didn't check the time.

Please stay true to all the kind of music you truly love.

I did just came here for music. It is true.

I love the music of Voivod. AngelRat is so special. You know, The Butterfly effect

I do not know what to belive, truly I don't.

Music is a true passion to me, I refuse to let anybody take that away from me.

I know I will be back in my apartment, when the workers have finished their job in all the buildings in our "area" in town.

Love To All Of You!

Peace and Metal..... "

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 15, 2003 00:23     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoa-oh here she comes...

Recruit me Maldo - I drive the Voivod MACHINE...
rrröööaaarrr!!!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted November 15, 2003 00:36     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Whoa-oh here she comes...

DAMN YOU Tangento! Not again...where are my cds?

whew, found 'em....looks like blue oyster cult for me *huge sigh of relief*

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 15, 2003 10:55     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just too shocked by all this. Schism at vvf.com is inevitable now...
annki8
VoivodFan
Member # 388

posted November 15, 2003 12:06     Profile for annki8   Email annki8     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No schism.

Voivodfan still becomes voivodhater when you write it. Had to do like "almost everyone". Reregister here.
What have I learned today?

Don't trust anybbody

I did gain something. The music I could
download here.

Cheers!

Adding: Mez, I'm in. Hall&Oates, anything!

--------------------

Peace!
Annki

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 15, 2003 12:31     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this chick is HOTT! whatta voice...

sharon den Adel

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 15, 2003 13:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by annki8:
No schism.

Voivodfan still becomes voivodhater when you write it. Had to do like "almost everyone". Reregister here.
What have I learned today?

Don't trust anybbody

I did gain something. The music I could
download here.

Cheers!

Adding: Mez, I'm in. Hall&Oates, anything!

OOoooh.... Look who's coming back, crawling like the motherfucking cockroach that she is!

I see that you're finished sucking off Yuri's cock, and now you expect people here to welcome you back with open arms? Haha! Woman, you're so totally wrong it's not even funny. Pathetic is more like it.

I do not speak on anyone's behalf but my own, but I for one DO NOT WANT YOU BACK HERE, EVER AGAIN! If you expect a second chance, you're praying to the wrong God.

You're nothing but a fucking troll and a fucking psycho! You went from being a nice (albeit stupid) poster to a full blown chain-spamming cretin (not bad for someone who supposedly doesnt type fast!). I would not feel sorry for you in real life, and even less here, you paranoid schizo fuck!

So just go away. Forever.

annki8
VoivodFan
Member # 388

posted November 15, 2003 13:35     Profile for annki8   Email annki8     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

OOoooh.... Look who's coming back, crawling like the motherfucking cockroach that she is!............now you expect people here to welcome you back with open arms? Haha! Woman, you're so totally wrong it's not even funny. Pathetic is more like it...........

You freaked out, huh!
She?........how in do you know I'm female.

ha ha, no I don't expect you to welcome me back, oh no, not at all!

YOU are pathetic. the truth hurst eeh.

You can never be sure of who I am.

--------------------

Peace!
Annki

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 15, 2003 13:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
annki, what do you expect? one minute you're over at yuri's board posting things like "yuri you're a hero" and the next minute you're over here when you know there are people here who aren't fans of his. it's a free world, post where you want, but don't expect the open arms treatment. you're causing problems for yourself and for others. why don't you just chill and listen to your music and take a break from this bulletin board for awhile before you get more of the same from people like skul?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 15, 2003 18:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please......I'm laughing so hard.....I'm about to choke......GAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Annki, you are priceless. Hatross, I'm chipping in for a plane ticket for you to visit Sweden.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan