my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My New Favorite Group (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: My New Favorite Group
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 12, 2003 00:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, and it is not metal, people. I don't know how I missed out on this group back in the eighties. They write such great melodic songs, the singer is awesome, and their videos are really pretty cool. Every night at the video store we rock out to........

HALL AND FUCKING OATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is no joke either folks. If you can't swing your hips and hum along to "Private Eye" or "Family Man" you got to be deaf. Mez is a self-proclaimed HallerOater!!

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 12, 2003 00:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Put the bottle down Mez or your eyesite will go the way your hearing has already started to.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted November 12, 2003 01:43     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You bastard! Now I have "Private Eye" on continuous repeat in my head...I only know the chorus....

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 12, 2003 02:45     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, Mez, I think the toxic fumes of the Detroit car factories are getting to ya!
I like that song "Rich Bitch", or whatever it's called: She's a rich girl, and she's goin' too far cuz you know it don't matter anyway. You can rely on the old man's money...say money money won't get you too far get you too far (then they kick in a nice dope beat, sounding all mono and shit)
...She's a rich girl, a rich bitch girl.

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 12, 2003 05:04     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Mez is a self-proclaimed HallerOater!!

The compilations I sent are NOT having quite the effect I had intended...

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 12, 2003 07:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First it was Kula with ELO, now this?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 12, 2003 07:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AIR SUPPLY, BABY!!!

Thats where the REAL hits are!

I just love it when that short curly-headed guy sings.
Come to think of it, Hall & Oats has a short curly-headed guy too! The one with the very manly Moustache.
Yeah...He Rocks too.

ELO! Oh yeah! The curly-headed Jeff Lynn!

Then there is that curly-headed guy from Ambrosia. Remember them?

Yes...short, curly-headed guys rule!
Especially when they are wearing poofy Pirate Shirts and are singin the hits.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 12, 2003 08:08     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This Voivod hiatus has gone too far. Look what it's doing to some of us.

Oh, and Richard Marx has curly hair too, no?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 12, 2003 08:37     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as moustache rock goes, my pick for #1 goes to my man...

Mr. Bun E. Carlos!!!

He OWNS the drumkit. Well, at least 3 or 4 of them, anyway.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 12, 2003 10:07     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
HALL AND FUCKING OATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QB]

"I can't go for that....n-o-o-o I......no can do, I can't go for that"

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted November 12, 2003 10:18     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny Mez, I would have thought you'd have chosen Man Eater as one of their best songs...

O-oh, here she comes... she a man eater...

Hope that songs gets stuck in all your heads mwahahaha...

--------------------

Oh my god, space aliens! Don't eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them!
-Homer Simpson

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 12, 2003 10:27     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VodFan:

Hope that songs gets stuck in all your heads mwahahaha...

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 12, 2003 12:06     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Was already thinking who the fuck Hall & Oates were... Now I know!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 12, 2003 13:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Check my signature for further complaining.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 12, 2003 13:58     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Short, curly-headed guys with Moustaches ROCK!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 12, 2003 14:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES! I knew I would have Kula's support on this one. Glad to to know we've also got some more H&O fans around here.

And no, I haven't been drinking Nia.

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted November 12, 2003 16:28     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
isnt the black haired guy on the Howard Stern Show?

BABA-BOOEY

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 12, 2003 23:03     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm.....me thinks the curly headed dude is the adopted twin of Lionel Richie!

And just in case you were ever thinking of building a Lionel Richie head of your own.......Heads up!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 12, 2003 23:31     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While reading this thread for the second time, I just happened to be listening to the DEAD KENNEDYS and I find that they are a perfect ANTIDOTE for any H & O songs that may want to creep into the brain's backdoor. Particularly effective are California Uber Alles and ESPECIALLY MTV Get Off the Air. Mez, I am really beginning to wonder about you...

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 13, 2003 00:48     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
P.S. Family man is cool, because it was written by Mike Oldfield... but G.E. Smith sucks major anus. How he ever landed that SNL gig, I'll never understand.

Hi there. I Suck!

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 13, 2003 06:35     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i dont think that most people on this website realize that everyone from Georgia is big on "hauling oats", Mez.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 13, 2003 10:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
And just in case you were ever thinking of building a Lionel Richie head of your own.......Heads up!

hahahahaaaaaaaa..... excellent.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 13, 2003 13:16     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

Oh my Gooooooood! That's the last thing you wanna do with your life!!!

(I'd rather do a Richard Marx head. Less scary.)

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted November 13, 2003 17:55     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I now must admit myself here to owning at least 3 different Hall & Oates albums. Not only that but I own at least three or four E.L.O. albums. Is there a silver lining to all of this? Well, at least I never got into any of that faggy Richard Marx crap. I must admit however that when I first came across the fellow, I thought that he did have some potential. But then he started down that very unfortunate road of playing all of these wimpy, faggy love songs on that piano of his... Now for another confession of mine; last weekend I picked up the Stone Temple Pilots "Purple" album and them three songs - Vasoline, and Interstate Love Song, and Unglued; have been on heavy rotation out here at the "Wolf's Lair" ever since! Scott Weiland from my perspective, has a great voice. I also picked up a freebie last weekend as well: Liz Phair's latest C.D.. Mmm, Liz is definatly one hot piece of babe!

HOLY JESUS, I'M STARTING TO BECOME FRISKY!!!

--------------------

When the chime ends, pickup your gun. Try and shoot me Coronel... Just try...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 13, 2003 18:27     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahaha, Indio, Liz Phair is pretty hoTT. my fave song has to be "fuck and run" tho...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan