my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Computer Games

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Computer Games
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 11, 2003 07:54     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone here play Games on your PC?
If so, which ones?

I am curious if any of you play Freelancer. The Space Simulator Game.
I have been addicted to this game from the time i purchased it.
I HIGHLY suggest getting this game. It is well worth it.
There is so much to do and explore in there.
A HUGE enviroment that seemingly has no borders. http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/ http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/

It would be fun to meet some of you in the game online.
Ah...the chaos that would ensue...hehe!

The other Simulator i am into is F1 2002 with the GTR Mod.
I bet i could drive circles around anyone here!

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 11, 2003 08:13     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, the old Atari games. 500+ of them, old stuff such as Enduro, Pitfall, PacMan, Keystone Kappers, X-Man.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 11, 2003 08:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to play BLOOD alot (basically a Quake clone) when i first got my computer... cuz it was fun shooting zombies all over the place! But i quickly lost interest in that. Now, i just have a couple of vintage consoles emulators in my PC (Commodore 64, Atari 2600, Colecovision, Nintendo ENtertainment System, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis). Some of the more recent PC games bore me to tears... there's so much stuff to go thru before you start actually playing than by the time the game actually starts, i'm already completely bored with it. I want instant gameplay. I have a bit of a short attention span, y'see.

But as nerdy as it sounds, I still have a fully operationnal Atari 2600 from 20 years ago (the bastard wont die!) so once in a while i plug it on my tv and kick ass at Pitfall II for hours. I wish i could do that with my C64 too but my diskdrive is dead.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 11, 2003 09:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I play LEGO racers a lot together with my 3 and 6 year old sons. I also play A2-racer.
And Vakantie-racer and Bassie en Adriaan and Nijntje and many more.

Interesting he?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted November 11, 2003 09:56     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like real time strategy/role games, Diablo 2 (on battle.net), Warcraft 3,sometime I'm also playing at Halo and return to castle Wolfenstein (3D Action).
I like some simulation also :
GP4 (F1 car) and Flanker 2.5 (combat airplanes), now I'm waiting for it's successors Lock On that should be available at the end of November/start of December.

Hhhmmm I think I should give a look at that freelancer....

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 11, 2003 10:31     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah man! I'm with skully on this one. Fuck all this new shit where it takes an hour just to chose your vehicle / weaponry / team / bag o' jizz! I need two buttons - accelerate and shoot! I got a cool old games simulator on my mac called MacMame. It plays arcade identical versions of shit like Defender, Mad Planets, Gorf etc....
Switch on, blow stuff up, go down the pub.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 11, 2003 11:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whee! Being of the 'PlayStation Generation', I like the odd game.

At the moment I'm playing Jak and Daxter 2 (yes, it's a fucking cute fuzzy platformer, screw you) on my PS2. That's great. The only PC games I like are RPGs (proper ones, like Neverwinter Nights, none of that Diablo crap).

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted November 11, 2003 14:40     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Games I play sometimes:

Warcraft III
Diablo II =P
Medal of Honor
Icewind Dale
Team Fortress Classic
Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 12, 2003 13:20     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems we got a bunch of retro-gamers here...I'm one of them too! c64, Amiga and PCEngine (TurboGFX in America) emulators reside on my HD. I've been playing NHL 2k3 (extrememely good when played against a friend) on my Evil-Bill's XBox and Operation Flashpoint on my brand new PC recently. Too bad I don't have much time on my hands, school is bad for gaming! :P

SOme of my all-time faves on PC:
Fallout 1 & 2
Master of Orion 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment
loads of other shit I've forgotten...

If you haven't tried Planescape and like good stories, go get it. The Fallouts can't hurt you either...good ol' nuclear holocaust scenery, a great story loaded with cynicism and humor plus an unsurpassed character development system.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan