my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Damageplan (x-Pantera guys)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Damageplan (x-Pantera guys)
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 10, 2003 13:21     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A freind of mine just gave me this link to the new Dimebag Darrell (and his brother) project called Damageplan. Check it out:
http://krazyklan.com/damageplan/

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 10, 2003 13:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definitley sounds like Dimebag and the singer sounds like EVERY FUCKIN TYPICAL VOCALIST that has no originality what-so-ever. Growl Growl Growl how many bands sounds like this?
Reborn sounds like early Anselmo in Pantera, before Phil forgot how to sing and just growled his way through the lyrics.

--------------------

yawn

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 11, 2003 08:18     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Definitley sounds like Dimebag and the singer sounds like EVERY FUCKIN TYPICAL VOCALIST that has no originality what-so-ever. Growl Growl Growl how many bands sounds like this?
Reborn sounds like early Anselmo in Pantera, before Phil forgot how to sing and just growled his way through the lyrics.

So you're not really an Anselmo fan I presume...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 11, 2003 10:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved Vulgar Display.. and Cowboys From Hell, and Far Beyond Driven was good, but then after that I purchased Trendkill, Live, & Reinventing the Steel, and I hate the way he sings, and only listened to those once or twice. He doesn't sound unique anymore.

I also have the 2 DOWN cds mainly because I think Pepper Keenan is a God, but the vocals bore me. Pepper has a way better distinct voice than Phil has and Down would have been incredible if Pepper sang. He has style and emotion and grooves.

I MISS COC!!!

--------------------

yawn

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 11, 2003 11:42     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Cowboys is about the only Pantera-album I actually listen to once in a while.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan