my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lost Cliff Burton Videotape found! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Lost Cliff Burton Videotape found!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 05, 2003 21:06     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
am i going to have to moderate ghey posts like xniax's? im, um still on my mod. lunchbreak.
 |  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 05, 2003 21:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
pussy.

meow.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 05, 2003 21:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was an interesting clip.
Ya know what's funny about Metallica?
I'll tell ya...
They get a guy like Cliff who was obviously way more talented than the rest of the guys in the band (Dave was awesome but too drunk and fucked up all the time), and they allow him to write and teach them cool things to expand their music; however, after Cliff dies they hire another unbelievable bassist (Newsted) who was more talented than anyone else in the band, and they fuckin shut him out and don't allow him the influence their music at all. By then it wasn't a democratic band, it was the Lars and James show which led to their lame writting. It wasn't until Jason left the band that they used his ideas and created something heavy and cool again with balls and energy...grated the production was PISS bt the energy was there again.

I'm done

Bands need to realize when they have a genius bass player who can artisticly contribute great material... right BLACKY?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 05, 2003 21:53     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i found the Anal Cunt thread great, tho. obsessively stalking some other DUDE around to call him out on his sexuality and possibly touch, um, i mean fight him? now theres some uber-hetero behavior, word.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 05, 2003 22:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I should be a moderator. I'd like to kick a lot of people off this forum. We got way too many lazy members on here who gotz to go. How long is that mod lunchbreak Thong? I'll need a minimum of 2 hours to refresh myself for more moderating later in the day. You know, my wit don't come cheap.

As moderator I would wreak havoc on this forum, threatening those members who I deemed unfit for VoiVodianFandom. I would use my unlimited powers to blackmail and threaten these wretches and then force them to publicly lick my boots in front of everyone.

What is missing here is leadership. This is something I can bring to the table here at Fancom. While establishing myself as a force to be reckoned with in the VoiVod world(small, yes, but still a massive universe)I would use my diplomatic charms to befriend the mightiest metal warrior of them all, Jason Newsted, and bring him home to the real IRONGANG. Why you ask when he has his own site? One reason and its simple. In a forum full of old, wrinkled, downtrodden cynics, Jason's aura could
attract younger, more optimistic perspectives sorely needed at this site.

I can do this for you. Elect me, and I SHALL! And please, keep it peaceful, I do not mean to spark any unrest or violent demonstrations on my behalf.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 06, 2003 00:20     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Getting back to the Rickenbacker...
Lemme's bass is awesome and it also has a wart! Oh wait a minute. That's the tone knob!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 06, 2003 00:30     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by XniaX:
pussy.

meow.

haha, i thought my last move as moderator took some huevos. oh well....

farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted November 06, 2003 06:25     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me and my Rick ...I've had her for about 7 years now. I've been looking for a Lemmy model since they came out.
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted November 06, 2003 08:17     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cliff Burton was inspired by Philip Lynott, lead-vox and bass, in Thin Lizzy.

I am still a Thin Lizzy fan'. Cliff Burton died here in sweden in 1986. Leads me to Philip Lynott also died in 1986. R.I.P

Yes I'm interested in Cliff Burton. now you know my reason.

I do not understand the "language" some people use on the boards.

I came here for MUSIC.

- Truly- Annki

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 06, 2003 08:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:

Now that God is present on the thread, I know everything's gonna end up alright.

The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted November 06, 2003 08:29     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
They get a guy like Cliff who was obviously way more talented than the rest of the guys in the band (Dave was awesome but too drunk and fucked up all the time), and they allow him to write and teach them cool things to expand their music; however, after Cliff dies they hire another unbelievable bassist (Newsted) who was more talented than anyone else in the band, and they fuckin shut him out and don't allow him the influence their music at all.

I guess there must have been some kind of *twisted* relationship and it must have been quite hard for Jason... I think I have read somewhere that James/Lars never accepted Cliff's death, plus this was when they were getting really BIG...
Some frustration must have been reported onto Jason, certailny inconsciously but still...

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted November 06, 2003 09:59     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Devil's Advocate:
I guess there must have been some kind of *twisted* relationship and it must have been quite hard for Jason... I think I have read somewhere that James/Lars never accepted Cliff's death, plus this was when they were getting really BIG...
Some frustration must have been reported onto Jason, certailny inconsciously but still...

Cliff's death was a tradgery. (sorry if misspelling) I can relate to him from what I wrote above. He was also inspired by classical music, I also can relate to that.
I've got many vinyls and CD albums with classical music. I've been arguing with people before Metallicas "S&M" release.

I was very glad when that was released. Because I also like "Emerson Lake and Palmer", Ekseption the Dutch group. I like the early ELO albums, 10cc and most of the "crossbreading" between Classical/Metal/Rock..... Music is something beautiful. And of course "Jesus Christ Superstar", Rainbow, Queen, Klaatu....

- truly - Annki

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 06, 2003 10:04     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Goody! Another ELO fan!
That makes me so happy happy happy!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted November 06, 2003 12:09     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KingKula:
Oh Goody! Another ELO fan!
That makes me so happy happy happy!

If it really makes you happy (not using sarcasm) I am glad. That is true.

Cliff Burton as well as Phil Lynott do mean a lot to me. Their harmonies, tunes,.... the sound picture. I do really enjoy their music.

They both were palying bass, both died 1986,
I once wanted to play real guitar not just aucostic, my parents could not afford that.

Seems like a coincident, bass players..

- Truly - Annki

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 06, 2003 12:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cliff Burton rules! The man's a legend.

As for all this 'gay' banter - what's wrong with being happy?

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted November 06, 2003 13:00     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just have to place this on top.

Cliff Burton, did he ever talk in "riddles"?

I do not understand when people "write", in some kind of "riddles".

You all got me confused. I am not used with "reading" sarcasm in english.

I understand sarcasm when people talk english, then I can understand.

I came here because of music, Voivod, Jason,........

Maybe it's just me being such a swedish stupid "old bith" : This sentence did I write in a sarcastic way.

I do not want no more of this so now I will leave, it's soon 7 o'clock in the evening and we have to leave now. I just got 10 minutes.

-Yours truly - Annki ("Short" for Ann-Kristin in sweden) .

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 06, 2003 16:24     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too bad for Jason they didn't customize the 7-string Rickenbacker yet.

Recently I saw this Dutch band named Bunkur. They played a single one-hour song with two basses and NO guitar. One of this bass players handled a genuine Rickenbacker at considerably loud volume and believe me, the guitars weren't missed for a second.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 06, 2003 16:42     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that sounds cool angel rat, i would like to see them. check it: http://www.quintessence.sh/article.asp?ArtikelID=1610
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 06, 2003 18:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLIFF & PHIL = GOD-LIKE LENGENDS

that's all that needs to be said!!!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 07, 2003 18:22     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tnx for the link, Nia. Bunkur is definitely worth checking out live. I saw their very second set in Rotterdam, great. Talked to some band members afterwards, very nice guys. Their demo is cool too.
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted November 08, 2003 09:43     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLIFFORD LEE BURTON RULES !!!
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted November 08, 2003 09:45     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
CLIFF & PHIL = GOD-LIKE LENGENDS

that's all that needs to be said!!!

yes legends.

I love them.

This is my last post.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan