my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » and you thought you were having a bad day...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: and you thought you were having a bad day...
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 04, 2003 12:46     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man drops cell phone in train toilet, jams arm

Friday, October 31, 2003

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Cell phone users have been known to complain about poor service, but one New York man's mobile literally went down the toilet.

The man was on a suburban train from Grand Central Station on Wednesday night when he went to the bathroom to make a phone call, dropped the phone into the toilet bowl and then his hand and arm became stuck trying to retrieve it, officials said.

Metro-North Railroad staff could not help the man, so they stopped the train and called police officers and firefighters to extricate him, a process that took 90 minutes using "jaws of life" rescue equipment.

"The toilets are made of aluminum so I imagine he was down on hands and knees with his shirt rolled up and hand and arm down inside, trying to flush out his cell phone," said Jim Cameron of the Connecticut Metro-North commuter council.

He said that because of the design of the train toilet, the mobile probably ended up in a chemical holding tank.

A spokesman for the railroad that serves the northern suburbs of New York and Connecticut identified the man as Edwin Gallard, 41, of New York, who suffered a minor injury to his arm as firefighters cut the toilet apart.

The track was closed and thousands of commuters were delayed during the evening rush hour.

The phone has not yet been recovered.

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 04, 2003 13:22     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did the person at the other end of the line drowned?
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 04, 2003 13:54     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet he gets shitty reception now.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 04, 2003 21:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having no cell phone... he most be pissed.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 05, 2003 05:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"CAN YU HEAR ME NOW?"
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 05, 2003 12:18     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speak louder, i can't hear shit
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 06, 2003 00:35     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good for him and his damn cell. And yes I am having a bad day! Thanx to a woman dialing on her cell and not keeping her eyes on the road, where they should be, my back is still aching a week later!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 06, 2003 09:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Slugbutt, glad to hear it wasn't anything serious! But then again, there are two people out at my office for long periods of time because of their backs - hope your feeling better soon (BTW - you can now email me 24/7)

And I thought I started off bad yesterday. Yesterday morning I got a paper cut on one of my knuckles first thing! Let me tell you, that piece of paper went straight to the shredder

quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
"CAN YU HEAR ME NOW?"

"Canblublearmeblunowbllfffllluuuuushhh?"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan