my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "Molly Hatchet" and bagpipe music

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Molly Hatchet" and bagpipe music
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 29, 2003 14:52     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just have to ask! A store in town had a sale out on CD:s. To my surprise there were some goodies on sale. I found MOLLY HATCHET CD "Silent Reign of Heroes". .....

In the beginning of the track named "Silent Reign of Heroes" I hear bagpipe music.
As I like bagpipe music I was very happy. Don't know so very much of this band. Anyone else like their music?

WC, shall I move this topic to the other thread "anyone get any cd recently"? Don't know if this post belongs here.

Cheers!

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 29, 2003 16:13     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Molly Hatchett (the way I remember them) were a slightly more metallized version of a Southern-Fried, Lynyrd Skynyrd/ multi-lead guitar attack type of band, who at first had a big badass biker singer. Then he was replaced by some oaf. Then the biker came back.

The thing I remember best about this band is that they opened up for one of the most intense shows I have ever seen. The year was 1980, and AC/DC had just released the huge comeback album 'Back In Black'. Blue Oyster Cult had just released the PHENOMENAL 'Cultosaurus Erectus', and these three bands came together at the outdoor venue known as the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino, CA. for an all-daylight show. (just down the mountain from these horrendous fires). I was blazing hard on LSD, and the show was beyond incredible. BOC even played Black Blade! (the only time they did in all 15 that I saw them)

This is all I can remember, and the last I heard from Molly Hatchett was many years ago.
So how's the rest of the album?

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted October 29, 2003 16:36     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
The thing I remember best about this band is that they opened up for one of the most intense shows I have ever seen. The year was 1980, and AC/DC had just released the huge comeback album 'Back In Black'. Blue Oyster Cult had just released the PHENOMENAL 'Cultosaurus Erectus', and these three bands came together at the outdoor venue known as the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino, CA. for an all-daylight show. (just down the mountain from these horrendous fires). I was blazing hard on LSD, and the show was beyond incredible. BOC even played Black Blade! (the only time they did in all 15 that I saw them)

Woow...that must've been a night to remember! I'm even more impressed about you remembering all of it since you were on LSD! Amazing!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 29, 2003 17:13     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The rest of the album...honestly I haven't had the time to listen it properly! It's just this track with bagpipe music!...... Really like that!

Oh Tangento, LSD! .....Honestly I never tried any drugs........Just MUSIC!....I can relax with music, I can get dizzy and happy of music and I really NEED a lot of music!... ......I'm addicted of MUSIC!
Music is my personal drug.......It can make me disappear into another world..zzzzzooomm

Cheers!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 29, 2003 19:22     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I don't mess with drugs anymore. No LSD for me in more than 15 years, but it was fun at the time. Many of my friends would drop 3 or more hits at a time, but I have always been much more careful about such things.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 29, 2003 19:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Molly Hatchet were just like Tang summed them up Metal-southern-fried -hard rock.

Flirtin With Disaster was their first HUGE hit and that album had a lot of classic goodies packed on it. Good bar fightin' music for rawdy red necks...YEEEHAAA..

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 29, 2003 20:59     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't meen it that way Tangento. I just thought what I could use to "escape" for a while. Drugs, alcohol is a drug. I got drunk many times when I was younger, so obviously I used drugs.

Don't know if I wrote about taking these heavy painkillers before I had to go to the health care center.
Reumatic artrit and UC; sometimes I have to use this heavy stuff. I am being very careful with these, easy to get addicted.

Tried to write on your forum, but it wasn't possible, some technical problem. It's a piece of heaven over there, SPARKS, GENESIS, KLAATU, CHEECH&CHONG..... and the shitlist... I dig that! Just came out from your site, been in there for 2 h I think..?! Got to hit the bed.

Cheers!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 30, 2003 00:58     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Annki - did you happen to recieve the email I sent? I hope so. I have just about had it with all these damn emails disappearing.
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 30, 2003 07:19     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Annki - did you happen to recieve the email I sent? I hope so. I have just about had it with all these damn emails disappearing.

Yeah, I got email concerning "your site", where you told me you were glad that I signed the guestmap. But I could not write on your forum who is powerd by "BRAVENET.COM". I wrote a lot of my own weird thoughts over there, but when I should preview it just "dissapeaed" in the "microcosmos.......

Bravenet told me there was som technical problems. ........I really wanted to use your forum a little, hhm you know I'm a little weird! That could be fun! I'll try again!

Almost forgot! that "staind" thing.....
could be something to continue on for me...

Cheers!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 30, 2003 16:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will look into the forum problem, Annki. I know Bravenet recently changed a bunch of their codes around ...AGAIN. I have been through almost as many message boards as I have email addresses!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan