my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Exploited riot in Montreal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exploited riot in Montreal
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 15, 2003 08:09     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happened yesterday:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1066182856058_61592056/?hub=Canada

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 15, 2003 08:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well shit! It even made it to CNN!

Montreal Concert-goers Riot

The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted October 15, 2003 08:50     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whoa, you quebecers are so mean...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 15, 2003 08:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It happened to me in '99 when i went to Montreal to see D.R.I. at L'X but they also got stopped at the border and the show got canceled. But instead of rioting, i went across the street at Les Foufounes and drank. Hehe.
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 15, 2003 09:08     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet the border guys got a look at Wattie and crapped their skivs.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 15, 2003 11:04     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hum, I could see rioting over GBH cancelling but The Exploited? I guess those people who burned the 10 cars were taking the metro or the bus home... lol...
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 15, 2003 12:35       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How the hell does Exploited get stopped at the border but certain other(possible terrorists) people don't?
Thats the first time i've ever seen a Canadian street messed up.

IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 15, 2003 13:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When Daniel Lanois recently came to Quebec for a few concerts, his instruments were stuck at the borders. He had to borrow instrument from Quebec musicians!

Damn all these border people! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL! IT'S PEOPLE, THEY'RE MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!! (whoops, sorry, got a little carried away, here)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 18, 2003 13:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh oh.....

quote:
Police armed with riot photos scour downtown for suspects
Many suspects without fixed address. 400 Montreal officers expect to arrest a dozen more people linked to St. Denis riot

SIDHARTHA BANERJEE
The Gazette

Saturday, October 18, 2003

For about a dozen people who got away after an evening of rioting and looting on St. Denis St. last Tuesday night, Montreal police have your photo and will find you in due time.

Mayhem erupted as the crowd began toppling and setting cars on fire and looting stores and breaking windows on St. Dénis St. between René Lévesque Blvd. and Ste. Catherine St.

By the time it was over, 42 cars were damaged - including eight that were burned completely. Eleven downtown businesses were damaged. Four police officers and two Medley employees suffered minor injuries.

GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted October 18, 2003 13:36     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, it worked in Vancouver about a year ago when they put up video clips of rioters on the internet.
I think it was a G'N'R show?
Either way, lot's of people got tickets for that 'cause someone saw them on the computer.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan