my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ozzy cancels European Tour

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzy cancels European Tour
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 15, 2003 07:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ozzy Osbourne cancels European tour to receive treatment

Ozzy Osbourne has cancelled his European tour so that he can receive treatment for a nervous tremor.

The British singer said the tremor had almost destroyed his life, although doctors have ruled out fears he had Parkinson's Disease.

His European Tour had been scheduled to begin in Dublin on 22 October but is being put back to early next year, reports the BBC.

Osbourne said he had been undergoing tests for the last three weeks for an involuntary shuddering which had become "markedly worse over the last two years."

"I was at the point where it felt as if this problem was practically destroying my life along with my self-esteem," he said.

Dr Allan Ropper, the chairman of the neurology department at Tufts University in Boston and Osbourne's doctor, said tests had showed Osbourne did not have Parkinson's disease.

He said his tremor was "coming under control with medication".

"Unfortunately, one of the side effects of the medication is dry mouth, which greatly impairs the voice.

"This problem usually subsides after three to four weeks, but the downside is that this will definitely affect Mr. Osbourne's ability to sing at this time."

Story filed: 08:52 Wednesday 15th October 2003

:::

It is being put back till early next year?
I thought Voivod were gonna start recording the new CD then.
Looks like Ozzy's latest toy, Jason, may be putting Voivod on hold yet again.

Of course, its still way too early to make such judgements.

|  IP: Logged
The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted October 15, 2003 08:48     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they should drop that "Ozzy rules" kind of attitude because even though it may help them cash in, they are dependant of his will/actions and in this case, of Jason's time schedule... I hope it doesn't affect their plans AS A BAND!

they should play metal shows with a solid setlist in front of a true metal crowd instead of trying to appeal to some teenages mrorons... the tour with Sepultura was a good idea... why not Kreator? Slayer? those bands are touring damn extensively...

unholy goat am I full of hate today.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 15, 2003 11:07     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"unholy goat"??? best. expression. ever.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 16, 2003 03:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Touring with The mighty CELTIC FROST would be a dream to me

And then preferably (?) for a small crowd

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 16, 2003 05:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe that means the new Voivod cd will get completed earlier, since Newsted was waiting to rejoin them after the Ozzy tour was finished. He can get in on the initial songwritting and start the recording sooner!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 16, 2003 07:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder...You are being so positive! lol!

Maybe you will be right.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 18, 2003 03:17     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Newsted needs to bail out of the Ozzy shit, and Ozzy needs to retire, Period. VOIVOD IS AND HAS BEEN THE FUTURE OF METAL, regardless of whether the "masses" ever catch up to them or not.
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 26, 2003 07:14     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy "macarony" ??
Things happens when I been away for a retreat! Just 2 weeks ........Ozzy not coming. Well I agree with EVERYONE of you!
BLEAH..... ........
And spam by email? I didn't get any spam!

Cheers you people great to be back.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan