my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » OK, what the hell is this BS?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK, what the hell is this BS?
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 14, 2003 20:51     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The following is ~the body of~ and ~my response to~ an email I recieved today:

=============

On Tue 10/14, < voivod8390@yahoo.ca > wrote:

>Subject: attention voivodhaters

>www.voivodhater.com
>where credit is given to those who are deserving

-------------

A word of advice: sending spam emails to fans of Voivod
will do nothing but deepen the rifts that have
unfortunately surfaced and generally piss some people off.
Your little propaganda campaign is accomplishing nothing.

Now please leave me out of this little bitch-fest.

thanks.

Alan/ Tangento http://www.tangento.net

=============

Any clues as to who is this bored and bitter?

|  IP: Logged
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 14, 2003 21:36     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No fucking idea.

Someone was the recpient of a prank?

I didn't get a spam.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 14, 2003 23:10     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some dipshit over at .net is under the delusion that certain people from this site have sent emails to new registrants at .net, convincing them (okay, us) to "switch" to this site.

Buncha bullshit! Annki and I (since we're relative newbies) both denied this vociferously, but there's no convincing people who believe such utter moronic tripe.

Megan

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 14, 2003 23:13     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or maybe I'm a drunken idiot and I misread your post - was the "spam emails" part your response to this person?

Fuck it.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 15, 2003 01:25     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spam to me is unsolicited email, sent to multiple recipients. It looked like something that was probably also sent to people other than myself. Anyway, I have since recieved a reply apologizing for the email, and this person also says that they are a member here at VVF, but not much else. Oh well, no biggie I guess. I think it's completely absurd that they think people are being 'coaxed' away from Yuri's site.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 15, 2003 01:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes that "luring" stuff is hogwash.

I wish I wers drunk...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2003 05:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I received that email also, and I thought it would have brought me back to this site since that has been the nickname given to voivodfan.com from the voivod.net site; so, I was surprised that it led me to Yuri's site!!
I actually looked at the site for a little while and took 2 of the polls!!!
It didn't relly bother me getting it, I just thought it was 'strange & ironic'.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 15, 2003 06:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's about time for Voivod to get to work on their best album EVER,
release it, and shut us all the hell up about this barrage of nonsense.

And to whoever wrote the email - no worries, man. It's all in good fun.
(now that I know the joke was in reverse)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 15, 2003 07:54     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento, maybe someone was trying to see if your email was actually working! ( ) Glad to see it works!

By the way, the email adress is yahoo.ca, someone who registered on the canadian Yahoo. I don't know if it could help, since the Internet knows no bounderies, but that's my contribution to the mystery.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan