my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Exodus-War Is My Shepard

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exodus-War Is My Shepard
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 12, 2003 19:57     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, guys-what do you think of this track?
You might have heard this already, but I'm interested to know what people think of this compared to the last few albums-

Force of Habit, Impact is Imminent, Fabulous etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://members.cox.net/manimal68/exodus%20-%20war%20is%20my%20sheppard.mp3

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2003 21:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SOUNDS LIKE CLASSICK EXODUS TO ME...WHO'S SINGING NOW?

I like it!!!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted October 12, 2003 21:08     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i havent heard any Exodus ~quite~ that heavy, actually. thats pretty fucking awesome. i (heart) Exodus.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 12, 2003 21:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
SOUNDS LIKE CLASSICK EXODUS TO ME...WHO'S SINGING NOW?

Oh shit! That's Zetro singing Schroeder! Damn, this is the first full track I've heard of the new stuff! AMAZING! I will be picking this one up on release date for sure!

Thanks for the link Jhary!

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted October 12, 2003 22:15     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would say that is the best Souza has ever sounded. Nice job of updating his vocal style a bit to keep up with the more modern stuff. Tom Hunting is the master of thrash drumming, he nails those tempos like he invented them or something...oh wait he kinda did.

Thanks for the mp3. Can't wait to hear the rest of the new album.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 13, 2003 07:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's great that he doesn't sound like a heavy metal cartoon singer anymore!!!

I'll definitly be buying this cd!!! And I'll probably pull out the entire EXODUS cd catalog and thrash around to it for the next few days to get ready for the new one.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 13, 2003 15:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sweetness. Very nice indeed.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 13, 2003 16:00     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is the other track,

Sealed With A Fist
http://members.cox.net/sanmaj/exodus%20-%20sealed%20with%20a%20fist.mp3

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 13, 2003 16:17     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Impaler, from the new disc.
http://members.cox.net/vicrattlehead/exodus_impaler.mp3

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted October 13, 2003 17:41     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ant:
I would say that is the best Souza has ever sounded. Nice job of updating his vocal style a bit to keep up with the more modern stuff. Tom Hunting is the master of thrash drumming, he nails those tempos like he invented them or something...oh wait he kinda did.

Thanks for the mp3. Can't wait to hear the rest of the new album.

fucking a I totally agree

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted October 13, 2003 17:45     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the tones are fucking excellent too!
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted October 13, 2003 19:36     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Testament releases The Gathering, Exodus rises from the ashes twice (once with Baloff and again after he's gone), Death Angel gets back together, Rob Flynn reunites with Demmel (so I'm stretching a bit), Metallica release St. An....(ok I'll stop)

It almost seems like there's a bay area thrash revival goin' on.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 13, 2003 20:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ant:
It almost seems like there's a bay area thrash revival goin' on.

Oh, like it didnt suck enough the first time around!

As for the Exodus tunes, they're ok.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted October 13, 2003 20:30     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Oh, like it didnt suck enough the first time around!

As for the Exodus tunes, they're ok.

Just ok...huhuhu...

THEY RULES !!!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 14, 2003 00:21     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fook yah!!!!!!!! can't wait to hear the cd. When? Who is in the band?
"Praise the Lord and pass the amunition"

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 14, 2003 14:15     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who- Zetro,Gary,Rick,Hunting, Jack on Bass

When- Feb 2, 2004

1. Tempo Of The Damned
2. Culling The Herd
3. Scar Spangled Banner
4. Blacklist
5. Sealed With A Fist
6. Shroud Of Urine
7. C.O.T.C. (Crime Of The Century)
8. War Is My Shepherd
9. Forward March
10. Throwing Down
11. Impaler
12. Death Row

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted October 14, 2003 14:19     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like they are stuck in the lousy song name mode leftover from Force of Habit.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 14, 2003 15:42     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, only these are lousy and the vocals and lyrics are juvenile.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted October 15, 2003 00:27     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think there is a Revival of everything right now. There are new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, and other shit. A whole bunch of old bands getting back together. It seems like alot of stuff is coming back.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2003 05:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next thing you know METALLICA will release a great album!!!
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted October 15, 2003 10:43     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Next thing you know METALLICA will release a great album!!!

Yeah right. And Blacky will rejoin Voivod.

Red_Eyes
VoivodFan
Member # 380

posted October 21, 2003 10:47     Profile for Red_Eyes   Email Red_Eyes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never liked Zet's Vocals but its EXODUS so im still gonna buy the motherfucker.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 21, 2003 14:52     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will say this, if you kids ain't seen the band in a while since they dissolved, they are the fucking hit live, still.

I am amazed how great they can still jam as of when I saw them May 2002. Hunting was flawless. I mean, Zet was the man, and Hunolt was shredding.

Talk about getting your money's worth.

There is something seriously fucking wrong with the record industry when a live band of this caliber isn't on a major label still.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan