my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SISTER EXCHANGE XXX

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SISTER EXCHANGE XXX
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 09, 2003 11:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally after many years of separation(legal battles, wife-swapping, etc....), Kula and I have come back together and completed the first demo of a song(entitled XXX) which we hope to have on the Sister's REUNITED album.

In all seriousness though, about 2 months ago I sent this guy a VERY ROUGH guitar track and I am literally blown away by what he has done with it. He took something ugly, and sculpted something beautiful out of it. This guy is a recording wizard. And his fucking drumming skills are beyond my imagination.

Kula sir, you are a BADASS!!!!

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 09, 2003 12:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SELLOUTS!!!!!!!! One ju$t wonder$ the rea$on behind thi$ comeback, eh?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 09, 2003 12:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You got the package then! Cool!
I hope you understand what i meant about the Tracks 3-4 and 5-6 thing. Tracks 1-2 are you on the Guitar after all the Wave Editing and Effects.
The Drum tracks i had to reherse over & over till i got it right.
There are a few odd time changes in there and detailed things.
I think that one section sounds like Voivod, circa Diminsion Hatross.
(Leave it to Mez to come up with that!)

Happy you like what i did with it!

Let me know what you think about those mellow Sigur Ros CD's i sent.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 09, 2003 13:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wOw! First I learned that Tears For Fears are reforming, now the Sister Exchange are reforming too!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted October 09, 2003 14:43     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope it leaks to the internet before the official release...
(no way I'm gonna buy another Sister Exchange album without hearing it first!)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 09, 2003 14:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmm....a leak, to give our fans a taste from our collective creative jizzzzzzzzzz....Yeah, baby I like this idea.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 10, 2003 12:38     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am DYING for samples here!!!

Please post some so I can have my lawyers examine them for a potential copyright infringement case against the band if Mez is using any material he wrote during his brief stint with seminal Left-Coast recording artists Satanic Grasshoppers. In which case a cease and desist order may be administered as said riffs and arrangements could be considered property of the Satanic Grasshoppers organization.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 10, 2003 12:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A track has been sent to your office sir.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 10, 2003 13:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had nothing to do with riff-stealing.
It was all Mez's idea.
I just play the drums.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 10, 2003 13:15     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Edited for extreme Dumbpidity.
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted October 10, 2003 16:57     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i like the happy sounding thrash riffing
Cthon
Member # 156

posted October 10, 2003 21:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez--
my email is cavernous enough for you to fit your love child into... use the bellsouth one.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 11, 2003 05:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great track boyz...it rawked my morning.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 11, 2003 09:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, that was pretty damn good. I loved the drums, and the guitar sound, even though it was a little out of tune, hee hee! Nice work. Now let me see how best to ruin it!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 11, 2003 11:28     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey you fukkers! I've shared enough of my crap riffs with you - how about returning the favour?
Man, those cats on vvhater never share stuff!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 11, 2003 11:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just sent one(the Skully version)to your info EOLB address H. XD, you must have a shit music filter cause your 667 addy returned it.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 11, 2003 12:32     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still haven't received that Kula song...
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted October 11, 2003 12:42     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! N.I.A. has listened to Killdozer! Who would have thought... Myself, my favorite album of theirs which I still listen to on occasion is Little Baby Buttin... In regards to cranberries, my mother has a great pastry recipe which features cranberries, marshmellows, coookie crumbs and umm, err.. Whatever, it tastes great!!! I'll have to get the recipe off of her and post it here...
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 11, 2003 16:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, stop sharing it only to your friends and extend it to your hate-base!
www.sisterexchangehater.com

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 18, 2003 21:32     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally heard it today. Amazing!!!! Love it. Kula did an excellent job drumming as he always does. Except during that time when he was experimenting with shooting heroin into his dick, His playing really suffered then. But the stay in Betty Ford and the coffee enemas really helped him clean up his act.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 19, 2003 13:36     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was really messed up back then. I had the fucked up idea that shooting the Heroin straight
into my dick would enable me to have another drumstick for the snare drum.
Keep it hard all the time.
Well...that didnt work and was quite painfull.
The coffee enemas were actually quite enjoyable once i got used to it.
The nurse really seemed to like doing that to me. There were pictures taken, but i dont
know who has them now. If you see them, please give them back.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted October 19, 2003 15:22     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KingKula:
There were pictures taken, but i dont
know who has them now. If you see them, please give them back.

Something for the VVF Downloads-area surely...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 20, 2003 02:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is a review from a friend of the Sister's demo I thought some of you might enjoy. I think he really provides some good insight into the piece without kissing our asses just cause we're rock stars:

Listening...

Hmmm.... Wow, lots of treble! Are you using one of the preamp
settings
in the VS without the cabinet simulation turned on?

Grungy, very Sabbath-y on the first slow part... sounds like I should
be
seeing the credits roll by for a Seattle
documentary perhaps... Drummer likes Neil Peart...

Fast part transition - octave theme with a plagal/authentic aspect ..
interesting change to the major/ionian
theme that follows... hmm... drummer definitely listened to
_Hemispheres_
by Rush... <g>.. I like
how it cuts back to the interlude sooner than expected... ahh, the
double
time part reminds me of
an old Maiden tune, I can't remember the title... ahhh, diabolicus
intervalis comes in... back to a reprise
of the interlude them... fade on the intro them, cool.

I like the structure, I like the parts... but MAN, turn off the reverb
and
use a microphone on an amp! Or switch
on the cabinet emulation stuff in the VS to knock down the high end
harmonics... you could eq it down, but
it won't sound like a speaker... Cool stuff, like early Rush... but
where's
all of your other influences? Why not
a middle section inspired by Frisell or some jazz? Based on what the
drummer sounds like he's into, he's probably
not open to such things, but that's what *I'd* want to hear... as it
is,
why don't you re-track the guitar
parts with a mic (or re-amp them back out into a guitar amp and
re-record
them) without the reverb? It's a shame
you don't have a bass (I was about to say I might be able to find one
from
a student here, but I forget... YOU'vE
ESCAPED AUGUSTA which would prove difficult)...

Actually, you should re-amp the guitar tracks sans-reverb, and then
double
track the original parts again, over dub a
bass, track a laid back solo over the intro bit and tag...

ASIDE: how'd you get into Voivod????

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan