my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod on TV

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod on TV
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 06, 2003 10:30     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I received that by e-mail. Anyone watched it?

VOIVOD ON THE FUSE "URANIUM" SHOW

FRIDAY OCTOBER 3rd at 4:00PM PST / 7:00PM EST

For those of you who receive The Fuse cable television network,make sure you tune in to the "Uranium" show tomorrow, Friday October 3rd. The show airs at 4:00PM PST / 7:00PM EST. "Uranium" went out on the road with Ozzfest and followed around Jason Newsted and Voivod for the day. The show includes some killer live footage of Voivod performing on the second stage!!!

In the meantime, visit The Fuse's Web page for the "Uranium" show to check out a video clip of Jason Newsted and Zakk Wylde jamming together backstage.

Here's the link http://voivod.c.tep1.com/maabvYnaa0YLnbb8Ezyb/

VOIVOD LIVES!!!

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 06, 2003 18:56     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw this twice over the weekend. The first part of the show is with Voivod, mostly Jason talking... The few seconds with Piggy is cool, but too short and Snake just shouldn't be interviewed on TV, while Away sat there but didn't say anything.

They then played a live video of Voivod performing a lackluster version "Facing Up" to a seeimingly uninterested crowd of Ozzfest teenage fatties.

The rest of the show is that annoying Julia chick following Newsted (Ozzy's bassist) around Ozzfest and blah blah blah, I got bored and went to get some beer.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 07, 2003 08:52     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
The few seconds with Piggy is cool, but too short and Snake just shouldn't be interviewed on TV, while Away sat there but didn't say anything.

So what did they say?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 07, 2003 14:37     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
So what did they say?

Piggy was asked about what he thought of the other bands of the tour, a topic in which I have to say I was curious to hear from him about. He basically said they all sounded the same which was funny, especially coming from him (I mean, he's one of the best out there). They were only on him for a minute, which was a shame as I really could have dug an entire interview with Piggy talking about the state of moden metal.

Snake was asked about the tour and what he thought of the experience up to this point and his replies were mostly brief, like "Yeah, It's been great" or "uh-huh, yeah". Typical for Snake during video interviews, he must get nervous or too baked or something.

This whole segment was brief and mostly focused on Newsted who talked predominantly of Ozzy and whatever. You could see Away sitting there, just out of frame, but the camera never really panned his way.... I mean, he's just the drummer, right?

All in all, nothing special.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted October 07, 2003 15:51     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
The rest of the show is that annoying Julia chick...

Yes she's annoying, but I would in a heartbeat. Something about slutty goth/mod(that's what they were called when I was in high school) chicks that I like. As long as she didn't talk I would be just fine.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan