my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » looks like no Voivod w/ Ozzy in Europe (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: looks like no Voivod w/ Ozzy in Europe
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 02, 2003 17:51     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This just up on Voivod.com:

Voivod will not be touring Europe with Ozzy Osbourne. The band will spend the remainder of the year in Montreal working on their next album and plan on touring Europe in 2004!!! Jason Newsted will be touring Europe with Ozzy on bass, after which he will return to the US to focus on Voivod's next album. Voivod hopes to begin recording early next year.

That sucks. Sorry Annki and others...I know you guys were looking forward to seeing them.

Megan

|  IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 02, 2003 19:07     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Megan.
Yeah, I was looking forward to hear Voivod live.
This news was really sad.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 02, 2003 19:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I somehow knew Jason's Ozzy gig would eventually get in the way of Voivod. So, now the band is once again on hiatus...

I certainly hope the next album more complex, dense, and heavier than the s/t effort. Also that the next tour is a smaller venue/headlining tour. Blah @ the Ozzfest/Ozzy shows!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 02, 2003 20:39     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exactly, Mike. I knew something would fuck up at one point with Ozzy's drunken ass getting in the mix. Newsted should just do one or the other. I think the Vod' guys are hungry for action right now. Make it happen.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 02, 2003 20:53     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Time for the very mortal Ozzy to retire (again.) No more Ozzfest, no more glitz, but maybe just him on the dark and dirty lounge circuit for 20-30 dates a year. As for Voivod, my favorite on the last album was Divine Sun, and I hope to see more of that "irregular heartbeat" kind of stuff on the next album. Plus, both Iron Maiden and Judas Priest will be embarking on possibly their last major arena tours in 2004 so I would love to see VV on a 1-1 1/2hr support slot for either of them, in addition to their own headling tour. Looks like Annki and the rest of Europe might be stuck with Def Leppard until then
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 02, 2003 20:56     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
Looks like Annki and the rest of Europe might be stuck with Def Leppard until then [/QB]

SCRATCH THAT LAST REMARK. It was hypprgrrl not Annki, not europe....ugh.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 03, 2003 00:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sucks for you europians who wanted to see them but most of us in North America didnt get to see them either.Maybe nexy year they'll do a good tour.
The good news is they have more time to work on the new cd and maybe it will be ready sooner.

IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 03, 2003 01:43     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
....... I think the Vod' guys are hungry for action right now. Make it happen.

The Vod' guys have been writig a "diary" over at Iron Gang" The last post there was from "Away";

[Quote: PALM BEACH
Posted by Away

That's it, we're done! Performing on the Ozzfest was certainly the greatest experience of my long career. The reaction of the crowds was fantastic, and I can't wait for the European tour! end of quote]

Shit) This pisses me of. At least Away was looking forward to the European tour!
Fuck Ozzy.... .... I'm gonna sell my ticket.

Can't Newsted put some pressure on shitOzzy?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 03, 2003 04:29     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Annki:
Can't Newsted put some pressure on shitOzzy?

where do you think his own interest lies, huh?

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 03, 2003 06:30     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
where do you think his own interest lies, huh?

Is it as bad as I think; that he doesn't care much about Voivod...ehhh?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 03, 2003 06:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK FUCK 1000000 x FUCK.

I always had this feeling, i do not know why.
I bought 2 tickets €45,- each. Fuck that.

I do not want to see Ozzy without VOIVOD !!!

Please guys do some shows over here in the underground. YOU CAN NOT FORGET US !!!!!!!

I Beg you......

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted October 03, 2003 06:58     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, that sucks the big fat one.
It may be worth the wait though, as we'll probably get to see them in better venues if they headline...!

Still, I was really looking forward to it. Would have been the gig of the year.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 03, 2003 08:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod need to get a permanent Bass player.
None of this fucking around doing things on Jason's schedule.

I have a strong urge to fly to Montreal and yell "BLACKYYY!!!..." right at Piggy again.

Damn!

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted October 03, 2003 08:28     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Permanent bass player, eh...?
Hmmmm....think I'll brush up on those riffs tonight just in case...
Cheers Kula - maybe you can put a word in for me??

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 03, 2003 09:08     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
He cares, but its just that one of the two projects brings in the money.

that was my point, yes.

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 03, 2003 09:24     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
He cares, but its just that one of the two projects brings in the money........

Then he should stop claiming he don't have to do this sort of thing for money in the interviews he's been giving.

Voivod should be No. one! They are SPECIAL!.......

Almost think I going to scream for B L A A C K Y Y !!

I just did. Voivod eaarned more attention than they get.....aaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 03, 2003 09:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, this is good news. The venue they were playing near me is shit. I was gonna go anyway, but I wasn't expecting much. It would have just been a half hour set in an empty arena with the house lights still on so the aging ozzy fans can find thier seats. Fuck that shit. I wanna see 'em up close in the same venues they played on the Phobos tour. And that way I might be able to bribe the promotor to let my band open for 'em!!
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 03, 2003 10:05     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Man, this is good news........house lights still on so the aging ozzy fans can find thier seats.........

FUCK ! I'm not that old! Bought the ticket because of VOIVOD !... .......SHIT ! I don't care at all about that shOtzzy!
VOIVOD RULEZ!

If anybody has got any contact with Piggy, Away and Snake; tell them they are No.1.
AND they are very, very welcome to Europe!!
WE LUVZ VOIVOD !

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 03, 2003 10:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell no, sorry Euros but this is a good thing as I see it. Another chance to record a great one. Call me nuts but I still think they can do it. Now that they've gotten the "mainstream rock" album out of their system, let's make a VoiVod record boys.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 03, 2003 10:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol! Sorry Annki! I didn't mean you. I'm not exactly young myself!
As much as I'd love to see Voivod again, I'm with Mez in that I'd rather see them coming over on the back of a better record & doing a headlining set. I love the new album, but like Mez says, I'm sure they've got better in them! I'm a believer baby!!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 03, 2003 11:04     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:

SCRATCH THAT LAST REMARK. It was hypprgrrl not Annki, not europe....ugh.

Ha ha! I must be the luckiest girl in the world: I got to see Voivod twice this year and I saw Def Leppard too!

Ozzy can have any bass player he wants and sure he chose Jason(ick!), but I bet there are lots of guys/girls who would kill to play with Voivod and make them their number one priority! Oh well, we don't get to make those decisions.....but we can still hope.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 03, 2003 11:31     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh for fuck's fucking motherfucking sake.

Get yourselves on a PROPER FUCKING TOUR. Not the Osbourne tool. What the hell happened to 'wherever Ozzy goes, Voivod will go too'?

Fucking hell. That next album better be bloody good. Although really, I could give two shits about another album. The only thing I fucking want is to see them live. Just once, would be enough!

Maybe that's asking too much.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 03, 2003 11:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know a bass player...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 03, 2003 11:38     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I know a bass player...

Yeah, bring back Pierre Saint-Jean!!

PIEEERRRE SAAAIIINT-JEEEAAANNN!!!!!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 03, 2003 11:39     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
As much as I'd love to see Voivod again, I'm with Mez in that I'd rather see them coming over on the back of a better record & doing a headlining set. I love the new album, but like Mez says, I'm sure they've got better in them! I'm a believer baby!!

Yeah, I understand Mez and you is right. They can do a "better" album.

I was just so upset, I have had such expectations about this gig. I also think Voivod should be a headliner.
Well, I'm also a beliver...

But as "hypergrrl" writes; Voivod need a bass player to whom they are the number one priority! I think Voivod deserves that!

Cheers!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan