my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metallica Vault

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metallica Vault
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 29, 2003 20:41     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone go to the Metallica Vault and listen to the free stuff there?

There are some great live tracks such as
sanitarium w/ drum solo.

Its really cool. You use that code you get with the St.Anger album to register.

One problem, once you pick a password after you've registered it sends you a confirmation e-mail. However, if you lose the password you picked, they have no support system for retrieving it and you can't re-register with the same CD code.

Anyone know how I fix this?

|  IP: Logged
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 29, 2003 23:19     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are some really cool recordings on the Metallica Vault.

You guys probably don't like St. Anger cause your stereos are cheap.

You need to have a real 100 watt system with a bass boost and EQ to really appreciate the quality production.

Honestly.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 30, 2003 02:47     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Are people actually listening to St. Anger more then three or four times? I even forgot where my copy is.

Once. Once was enough.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 30, 2003 03:31     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jhary:
You guys probably don't like St. Anger cause your stereos are cheap.

LOL

quote:
You need to have a real 100 watt system with a bass boost and EQ to really appreciate the quality production.

a very solid EQ and a proficient automatic "drum beat replacer" coupled with a good "drum sound enhancer" would be fine, yes...

and even if some songs are (too) long, it is true that I found a couple good riffs...

honestly.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 30, 2003 06:33     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I heard 'The Thing That Should Not Be' on a shitty transistor radio, I'd still appreciate it more than 'St Anger'.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 30, 2003 09:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must say I still like St. Anger a lot. I won't go as over the top as Jhary (it's shitty-produced), but I like it, it's a fine album. BTW, my copy is here with me at work.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 30, 2003 14:22     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought you were Tom Araya, Slayttanic so you didn't have to work.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 30, 2003 14:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I thought you were Tom Araya, Slayttanic so you didn't have to work.

Mr. Slaytanic at work:

I wonder where he finds the time to listen to all his CDs.

On this picture, we can see him play his latest composition entitled "Die, Richard Marx, Die".

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 30, 2003 14:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metallica kareoke would be better, so I can sing instead of James...YEEEAAAHHH.

St Anger...you either love it or hate it...and you just have to get past the tin can drum sound

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 30, 2003 21:33     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Slaytanic, call Lars!

I think he could use some of your hair!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 30, 2003 21:48     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
it is true that I found a couple good riffs...

Yeah, but then Lars comes in and manages to fuck up the "good" riffs!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 01, 2003 00:15     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
If I heard 'The Thing That Should Not Be' on a shitty transistor radio, I'd still appreciate it more than 'St Anger'.

HELL YEAH!
I still can't listen to it. It's one very long song.
Maldoror:..."Die, Richard Marx, Die! fukin' hilarious!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 01, 2003 03:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
Mr. Slaytanic at work:

I wonder where he finds the time to listen to all his CDs.

On this picture, we can see him play his latest composition entitled "Die, Richard Marx, Die".

Our good friend Slaytanic is really a Chilean refugee.

Umm, about metallica-- they fucking suck.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan