my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Trouble Info (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Trouble Info
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted September 27, 2003 22:59     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Trouble has an official website now at www.newtrouble.com. It's got lot's of cool stuff - check out the video for Run to The Light if you have broadband. It's pretty cool. They also have a DVD coming out next week. Sorry if this is old news but I just found it today.

TD

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 27, 2003 23:36     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aren't Trouble christian rock?
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 28, 2003 05:46     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Metal. Damn great too.

Yes, you're right as far as the "Sabbath" influence...ya know DOOM-ROCK!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2003 06:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEA!!!

I love Trouble, and it's great to see them come back. The OLD TROUBLE SITEis still online and has some cool things on it. I'm really looking forward to the unplugged cd and the dvd!!!

I think I'll take my TROUBLE collection in to work today and relive the memories. Nothin' better than a lot of TROUBLE to fill up a work day on Sunday.

thanks for the info.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 28, 2003 08:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember the wolf.
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 28, 2003 09:50     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For 80's doom, I always liked Candlemass. Even with Messiah Marcolin's silly Pavarotti vocal stylings. 'The Well of Souls' is a crusher. Trouble? never really heard much by them, for some reason.
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted September 28, 2003 12:38     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
For 80's doom, I always liked Candlemass. Even with Messiah Marcolin's silly Pavarotti vocal stylings. 'The Well of Souls' is a crusher. Trouble? never really heard much by them, for some reason.

I highly recommend checking them out. Try Run To The Light or Manic Frustration. They are a great band. All of the CD's are great. Those were my first two.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 28, 2003 12:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You wouldnt even believe the amount of hash i smoked listening to Trouble - The Skull, years ago.

Today i put that record on, and my eyes turn red automatically.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2003 18:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Afters todays TROUBLEFEST at work I must say that Rick Rubin really made TROUBLE sound incredible. Manic Frustration & Trouble are 2 of their best, followed by Plastic Green Head. The first 3 were good but not as well produced.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 02, 2003 22:46     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
FUCK YEA!!!

I love Trouble, and it's great to see them come back. The OLD TROUBLE SITEis still online and has some cool things on it. I'm really looking forward to the unplugged cd and the dvd!!!

I think I'll take my TROUBLE collection in to work today and relive the memories. Nothin' better than a lot of TROUBLE to fill up a work day on Sunday.

thanks for the info.

THANKS FOR THE LINK. Another good band "I sorta-forgot-about-but=should-recatalogue on CD soon." And now... after seeing their "old" website, I think I found my Halloween costume: The "Trouble Man"

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted December 07, 2003 23:57     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought the DVD that Trouble is selling on their site. It's pretty cool. I recommend it. It's totally indie looking - in a regular CD jewel case. Very cool.

--------------------

This shelter is doubtful

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 08, 2003 10:51     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Today i put that record on, and my eyes turn red automatically.

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 08, 2003 11:11     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, I dig more the first LP "Psalm 9"
with classic songs such as "The Tempter" & "Assassin".
If you guys are interested, I can rip it for the "more Thrash rips" next week!

--------------------

-Snake, december 1984

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted December 08, 2003 14:13     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love a copy of plastic green head if you have that!

--------------------

This shelter is doubtful

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 08, 2003 14:33     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No chance, don't have it!!!

--------------------

-Snake, december 1984

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 08, 2003 15:00     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The recording is a little rough but here ya go...

TROUBLE - Live in Chicago 10-01-82

01 - The Tempter
02 - Gideon
03 - Assassin
04 - Victim Of The Insane
05 - Wickedness Of Man

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 08, 2003 16:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno if you guys do that, but sometimes i just sit back and say to myself "Fucking hell... it's amazing all that rare stuff that we all pull from our hats" (ok i didnt say it exactly like that but you get the idea).

Just stating the obvious.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 08, 2003 17:40     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
The recording is a little rough but here ya go

hey thats killer ! thanks alot man.
in return i can post a copy of "Plastic Green Head" soon as i am finished with the balance of power cd.

i still think the Trouble/trouble - s/t cd is the shit though.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 09, 2003 05:07     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have plastic Green Head... I thought it was a bit of a let down really. Nowhere near the standards of the other stuff.
I'm with Hatross though.. the s/t album rules.

Radman
VoivodFan
Member # 375

posted December 09, 2003 23:40     Profile for Radman   Email Radman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vacarmes:PLEASE post that Trouble Psalm 9 rip if you can!!I am dying to get a copy of that thing....I had it earlier this year but lost it when my computer froze and I had to delete everything.

Would anyone have the European EP One More For The Road?Apparently it's mega rare.From 95/96 I believe.

Cheers..

--------------------

Hate your enemies
Save your friends
Find your place
Speak the truth

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 10, 2003 19:48     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whoever posts "Manic Frustration" on here will be my hero FOREVER. i dont care WHO you are. ive got some crappy quality mp3s, i wish i had better ones.... that album is badass.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted December 11, 2003 07:13     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have Manic Frustration on cd. I can make mp3's but I have nowhere to post them.

Can someone burn a copy of Plastic Green Head for me? I'll pay for shipping!

--------------------

This shelter is doubtful

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 11, 2003 09:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twindummy. I can sort that for you. email me your details and I'll get on it.
Cthon - I can burn you manic frustration if you want. Don't have enough space on my website to upload it all!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 11, 2003 19:48     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
h- that would be awesome. but id just take the mp3s if anyone could wrangle a way (rather than having you send shit over all creation). but if you are down with that, ill pm you my addie....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted December 12, 2003 07:18     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Twindummy. I can sort that for you. email me your details and I'll get on it.
Cthon - I can burn you manic frustration if you want. Don't have enough space on my website to upload it all!

I just e-mailed you h.

td

--------------------

This shelter is doubtful

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan