my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » King Crimson/Living Colour anyone?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: King Crimson/Living Colour anyone?
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 26, 2003 13:17     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just thought I'd pass on some info. I just learned that for a few dates somewhere in the states, King Crimson and Living Colour will be on the same bill. Catch them if you can.
I'd encourage some of you guys to check out the new Living Colour CD coming out in a couple of weeks if your only impression of them is from the 80's. There's some good, heavy, quirky, shit on there. Very good band.
Anyway, just thought I'd pass on the word in case any of you guys dig these bands the way I do.

|  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 26, 2003 14:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah,i was planning to pick up the new cd and see if there still good.
IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 26, 2003 15:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw LC's first(with the new stuff) performance in NYC about two years ago. I thought it was pretty lame. And I'm a huge fan of their music.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 26, 2003 17:15     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, a lot of things can happen in two years, hence the existence of this very site/forum. I'm looking forward for LC's new album, as I always did in the past.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 26, 2003 17:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope you're right Slayman. Cause this show was really bad. All I remember was a poor attempt at some middle eastern style stuff with lots of sampling. We took off before they even finished. Maybe it was just a bad P.A.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 26, 2003 19:25     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heard the new Living Color cd recently. Didn't sound quite bad to me actually.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2003 05:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of the almighty KING CRIMSON, they have a live DVD coming out that I encourage all of you to purchase. DGM STORE is were to go to preorder it.

Here's the info from the INNER KNOT:
PRE-ORDER NEW KC DVD
[24-Sep-2003] - The double DVD from King Crimson, "Eyes Wide Open" is available now as a pre-order through our on-line shop. The current release date is set for October 7th.

ORDER NEW DVD AND RECEIVE DISCOUNT ON FORTHCOMING CD
[24-Sep-2003] - We are running a special whereby customers who order the DVD through our on-line shop will receive a $5.00 discount on the forthcoming CD. The CD will contain the audio tracks of the Japanese portion of the tour which is included on the DVD. The CD will be released sometime before Christmas, and those who order the DVD will automatically receive an e-mail with a coupon code for $5.00 off the CD. The e-mail will be sent prior to the CD's release. We will continue to add details to this news page as they unfold

This 4 GOD-LIKE musicians will leave you speachless.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan