my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dr. Who set to return to TV!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Who set to return to TV!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 26, 2003 11:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE CULT SERIES that aired from 1963-1989 to become the world’s longest-running science fiction programme will return in 2005, but details about the new shows are being kept secret.
“The new series will be fun, exciting, contemporary and scary,” series writer Russell T Davies said.
“Although I’m only in the early stages of development, I’m aiming to write a full-blooded drama which embraces the Doctor Who heritage,” he said.
The original programmes chronicled the adventures of eight Doctors and their many companions who battled countless foes -human, alien and most notoriously the “Daleks” - as they travelled through time and space in a time machine disguised as a police phone box.
Doctor Who has also thrived in print and on stage and has spawned countless devotional web sites.
A Doctor Who television movie was broadcast in 1996 and it returned to the Internet for a 30-minute web broadcast in 2001.
William Hartnell played the first Doctor Who. The actor who will star as his latest incarnation has not been named.

:::

I think that some of our British friends here should sign-up to be on that show!

I could see H as the Doctor and Nell as his trusty Sidekick.

EKH could play the part of the Evil Master.

Knicker could be the voice of K-9 and Lyc could be the local Brigade General!

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 26, 2003 11:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone here awaiting the movie version of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 26, 2003 12:00     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, you rule!

I used to have almost every one on video tape from the first black and white to the last dork who carried that umbrella and talked like a wuss!

I'm a huge fan, and have been waiting for a long time. There were stories about a major motion picture some years ago.

Perhaps it materialized into that TV movie where Eric Roberts plays the Master. Instead of BBC, I think it was on FOX. Then Sci-Fi
Channel.

Best news since hearing about Snakes return-
I'm going out and face the world!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 26, 2003 15:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have to be extremely stoned to watch Dr. Who.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted September 26, 2003 16:18     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
Anyone here awaiting the movie version of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

I am. I thought is was supposed to happen years ago. Also hoping a re-make of "Logan's Run" comes out someday.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 27, 2003 10:11     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still think H and Nell would be a great Mr. & Mrs. Dr. Who.

With Emlyn K Hellipooper as a perfect Banjo-Playing Evil Master.

Mez...I am usually quite stonned when watching that show as well.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 27, 2003 21:27     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I would have to be extremely stoned to watch Dr. Who.

I often was. When tripping, it is funner to get into the deeper meanings of the script or just to plain zone out on the effects.

There is one episode with Jon Pertwee's Doctor called "the Demons."

I swear if you close the shades, and turn off the lights, and smoke a fatty... it'll scare the pants off of you!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan