my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Bizarre post of the day: MTV: EDDIE VAN HALEN Tried Out For LIMP BIZKIT

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bizarre post of the day: MTV: EDDIE VAN HALEN Tried Out For LIMP BIZKIT
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 25, 2003 09:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This must be the most pathetic feature of Blabbermouth ever:

quote:
MTV: EDDIE VAN HALEN Tried Out For LIMP BIZKIT - Sep. 22, 2003

Legendary axeman Eddie Van Halen was one of 11 guitarists that auditioned for LIMP BIZKIT during their lengthy search for a replacement for Wes Borland earlier this year, according to a MTV.com news feature on the making of BIZKIT's new album, "Results May Vary".

Not being 100% satisfied with any of the candidates, LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst eventually called a guitarist he remembered feeling chemistry with a year earlier and asked him to come back. Mike Smith, formerly of SNOT, jammed with the band for 20 minutes before he got the invitation to join.

"He's what we've been looking for," Durst said. "We need an actual guitar player."

"I feel like I play really well with these guys," Smith said.

LIMP BIZKIT would later liken their guitar search to a relationship, saying they could not commit to someone else until they had completely gotten over Borland.

It almost passed me, but unfortunately I was messing around at the site and found this. True? Does someone know any further info on the subject?

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 25, 2003 10:41     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True?, I don't believe this shit. Guess some mediafood from Durst for a dumbass reason
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 25, 2003 10:46       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's a lie.Durst likes to make up stories about the women who reject him and this is probably one of his new stories.His cd aint selling and he needs to do something to get attention.
I don't see Eddie joining any band where he isnt the leader of the band anyway.

IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 25, 2003 17:33     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not exactly what happened.
Metal Sludge story about this

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted September 25, 2003 22:56     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blegh, that's why you don't read/watch/listen to MTV EVER.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 26, 2003 11:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Not exactly what happened.
Metal Sludge story about this

Oh, that clarifies the whole shit. Thanks, sir. Your input is much appreciated.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan