my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Mastodon new site !

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mastodon new site !
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 22, 2003 10:14     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mastodon Official Site

www.mastodonrocks.com

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 22, 2003 11:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great site. I like this shirt, how more metal can one be?

Thanks for the tip, Neutrino (proud member of the french RDP army! )!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 22, 2003 12:37     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, I have to ask. From a design perspective, why is it great? It seems pretty basic to me, I would even venture to say the splash page is more than a little boring. If I didn't know Mastadon I would not be stoked about them by their website. No audio or video either, yawn...
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 22, 2003 12:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I don't like all the frills and flashing crap most band's sites have. This site fits perfectly with the down to earth approach of this great band. Hey, they even have a chatroom. Now what more could you want????
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 22, 2003 17:03     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Links to sound clips for one. I like to hear things when I'm checking them out. I'm not talking bells & whistles just good ol' html a ref style links. Smaller pictures that load fast that can also be popped if I want to see a larger version. That's something else I like.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 22, 2003 17:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a word: boring.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 22, 2003 17:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my friend Dale from Winnipeg took all those pictures, hes the man. but personally, i prefer Old Man Gloom.(even though im going to see Mastodon this saturday, ROCK!)
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 22, 2003 18:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eh. It looks like a new site, version 1.0 to me! You guys are sooo critical! Sure it's kinda lame, but the band is amazing! They definitly need samples though, and fix those slow-loading images!

The 'horns' shirt though... sorry, lame. I never like wearing stuff with 'hand gestures', horns, middle-fingers, or otherwise.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 22, 2003 18:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay back up there buddy. You said we were too critical and then did your own critique. Too critical my ass (ok, that's the beer talking, haha! )
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 22, 2003 19:22     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Yeah, talking out my ass, once again. Sue me.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 23, 2003 11:02     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
The 'horns' shirt though... sorry, lame. I never like wearing stuff with 'hand gestures', horns, middle-fingers, or otherwise.

C'mon, guys, easy a little bit, will ya?

I think the site, even not being the greatest, fits the aesthetics of the band perfectly. No special effects or something, but cool graphics, still. On the other hand, I agree with Mike and Nia, it does look like version 1.0, and it lacks sound/video.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 23, 2003 13:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck audio/video. Only one sentence is needed. GO SEE THIS BAND LIVE!!!! I had both their records but didn't really appreciate them fully until I heard them live. It was like a shaft of light came through the clouds.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 23, 2003 14:45     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Fuck audio/video. Only one sentence is needed. GO SEE THIS BAND LIVE!!!! I had both their records but didn't really appreciate them fully until I heard them live. It was like a shaft of light came through the clouds.

Trust me, given the opportunity, I would!!! As much as Mastodon tours, they don't seem to get farther west than the Ohio or so. Damn Relapse East-Coast cheapy-tours!

Sorry Mez, any good band site HAS TO HAVE audio samples of some sort! I suppose they could just put "we totally shred live, invite us to your town and see..." or something on the site instead. Seriously, I imagine the audio samples will arrive soon.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 28, 2003 02:53     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
altho they are no Old Man Gloom, Mastodon rock like non other. the Supertramp/Ramones medley at the end of the night was the icing on the cake. seeing little black girls shake their ass to Mastodon is like the best thing ive ever seen in my whole life...word up, and they are cool guys, too....
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 17, 2004 17:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pardon me for bumping an old topic, but FYI to Seattle-area residents (ahem, X-D ) - Mastodon is playing Graceland on Feb. 29 (I believe, or something close to it). Tix went on sale today.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 17, 2004 17:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Pardon me for bumping an old topic, but FYI to Seattle-area residents (ahem, X-D ) - Mastodon is playing Graceland on Feb. 29 (I believe, or something close to it). Tix went on sale today.

Ah yes, I WILL BE THERE! Beer anyone?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 19, 2004 13:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES!! Live, Mastodon is quite good. Lucky for Mr. Slugbutt and I, they're playing here in February!!!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted January 20, 2004 10:10     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard they are playing their entire new album on this leg of the tour. Check 'em out if they get close. They WILL NOT disappoint.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Underbrain
VoivodFan
Member # 183

posted January 23, 2004 17:16     Profile for Underbrain   Email Underbrain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I posted a Mastodon bootleg in the "thrash rips" thread if anybody is interested...

ub

--------------------

The future is here, and how.
\m/_ VOIVOD _\m/

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 28, 2004 13:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cthon, along with my Man At Arms order, could you include this Mastadon boot???? Thank you mighty Thong. And yes, I ll buy you a PBR next time.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 19, 2004 19:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mastodon will be at the Launchpad tonight, here in the mighty dusty, dry, Hauntavirus infested 'Burque.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan