my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Forced Entry (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Forced Entry
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 21, 2003 11:55     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll probably take down the Acid Reign EP on monday night, and i'm already thinkin' of what i'll put online next. It's down to three choices:

1) Detente - Recognize No Authority (pre-Fear of God... again great speed metal... i ripped the vinyl a couple years ago)
2) Damn The Machine - Damn The Machine (amazing record from 1993 that came and went without getting much attention, with Chris Poland ex-megadeth on guitar... good prog-metal. I think they opened for VV in '93.)
3) Mayhem - From The Darkest Past (studio rehearsal from 1992... without vocals... one of the best recordings i've heard in months.. simply great stuff.)

So i dunno... I'll see about that.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 21, 2003 13:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn the Machine man!!!! I'm super curious to hear Poland's post Megadeth work.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 21, 2003 14:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!! MAYHEM!!!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 21, 2003 14:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh how about previews, eh?

Damn The Machine - The Mission

Mayhem - Buried by Dust and Time -no vocals-

Detente... once i locate the cdr. heh.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 21, 2003 18:07     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have Detente and Fear of God both on my machine now if anyone needs it but I'm about out of webspace. I'd be glad to upload anything I have to someones ftp. Also just got a vinyl rip of Deathrow: Deception Ignored & Tension: Breaking Point that sound good. I'm getting the Trouble catalog sourced from vinyl as well and these vinyl rip's sound way better than the cd releases, IMO.
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 21, 2003 18:10     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
btw: Damn The Machine was very underrated. Love this album.
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 21, 2003 18:20     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm curious about Detente... (the name is familiar, oh yeah it was on a list of old school speed metal I have to check, 1986 ? yeah that's it)

Damn the Machine: yeah I think they opened for Voivod in Europe, at least in Paris. Didn't like it much.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 23, 2003 09:17     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was such a amazing record! I still play the LP regularly. Anyone who's never heard it should definately download it and hear what GOOD metal is supposed to sound like.

Thanks Warcorpse!

As for me, i still havent made up my mind about what to put online next. The Acid Reign EP has been deleted.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 23, 2003 11:26     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse, how's about "The Ultra-violence" from "Death Angel"...

Or perhaps "Surf Nicaragua" from "Sacred Reich?"

My tapes have seen better days!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 23, 2003 12:03     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to take down the Forced Entry tunes tomorrow. I was thinking of posting a vinyl rip I just got of Deathrow: Deception Ignored. I'll be glad to post anything I have.

Warcorpse, have you heard Goat Horn's version of Sacrifice's Re-Animation? It's pretty cool.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 23, 2003 12:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have a cd rip of that Deathrow, man. 192's (i think)
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 23, 2003 12:44     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you don't have it, I have the CD version on my pc right now as well. Haha, we'll get it figured out one way or another!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 23, 2003 18:10     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCKIN AWSOME!!! Thank you so much! I still play the vinyl too, but now I can burn a CDR and blast it in the car!
You guys rule!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 23, 2003 19:48     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks warcorpse! I don't have much web space but I'd be glad to upload..
not much rare thrash but maybe someone is interested:
Doctor and the Crippens - Raphanadosis
North Atlantic Noise Attack compilation
Brutal Truth - Birth of Ignorance
Coroner - Death Cult

(oh I just got the Detente album, excellent!)

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 24, 2003 06:26     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how'z about some 'Simply Red' you bitches?!
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 25, 2003 10:02     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about some Wehrmacht?
http://www.karlhill.com/wehrmacht/

This band had the most wicked drummer ever!!! And a strange fixation on Lucky Lager beer

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 25, 2003 10:16     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
How about some Wehrmacht?
http://www.karlhill.com/wehrmacht/

This band had the most wicked drummer ever!!! And a strange fixation on Lucky Lager beer

Ha ha ha, "You broke my heart (so I broke your face)" funniest title this side of Anal Cunt!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan